Ride Sounder to Saturday's Seahawks Playoff game
January 4, 2005
Sound Transit will provide special Sounder train service from both Tacoma and Everett for this Saturday's Seattle Seahawks playoff game.
"This is a great opportunity for Sound Transit to offer an alternative for Seahawks fans who want to avoid the traffic and parking congestion around Qwest Field," said Sound Transit Board Chairman and Pierce County Executive John Ladenburg. "It's also a chance for those who don't normally commute via Sounder to take us for a test drive."
Sound Transit currently runs three peak hour weekday Sounder round-trip trains between Tacoma and Seattle and one peak hour weekday round-trip train between Everett and Seattle. Last Sunday, a record 5,792 football fans rode Sounder trains to the Seahawks game.
The information on Sounder's schedule and Sounder tickets for the January 8th Seahawks playoff game:
- Two round-trip trains serving Tacoma-to-Seattle departing Tacoma at 10:45 and 11:00 a.m. Saturday January 8th with stops at Puyallup, Sumner, Auburn, Kent and Tukwila
- Tacoma trains will depart from King Street Station at 30 and 45 minutes after the end of the game.
- Adult roundtrip fare is $8 from Tacoma, Puyallup and Sumner, and $6 from Auburn Kent and Tukwila. Reduced fare is available for youth, senior (65+) or disabled riders. Children under six ride free.
- One round-trip train serving Everett-to-Seattle departing Everett at 11:15 a. m. with a stop in Edmonds
- Everett train will depart from King Street Station at 30 minutes after end of the game.
- Adult roundtrip fare is $6 from Everett or Edmonds. Reduced fare is available for youth, senior (65+) or disabled riders. Children under six ride free.
- Day Pass may be purchased in advance; use Advance Ticket arrow to select January 8th;
- Day Pass (round trip) or Single Trip (one-way) tickets are available at all Sounder station ticket vending machines. Arrive early to avoid ticket lines.
- A Single Trip ticket may only be purchased on day of service;
- PugetPass is valid on Sounder service; a pass upgrade may be required.
# # #
Sound Transit plans, builds and operates regional transit systems and services to improve mobility for Central Puget Sound.