Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Oct 25, 2016: Nighttime rolling slowdowns on I-5 at Northeast Northgate Way
- Oct 24, 2016: Lane closures on Banner Way NE for the decommissioning of dewatering wells
- Sep 28, 2016: Sound Transit contractor completes mining last tunnel segment for Northgate Link Extension
- Aug 31, 2016: Tunneling for Northgate Link nears completion
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $1.9 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Nighttime rolling slowdowns on I-5 at Northeast Northgate WayOct 25, 2016: Intermittent rolling slowdowns in both directions are scheduled on I-5 at Northeast Northgate Way from 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26, to 4 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 27.
- Lane closures on Banner Way NE for the decommissioning of dewatering wellsOct 24, 2016: As early as Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2016 Sound Transit's contractor will close lanes to start the decommissioning of the dewatering wells and remove instrumentation located on Banner Way NE and NE 76th Street and Banner Way NE and NE 78th Street.
- Nighttime Closures: Northgate Way between First Ave NE and Corliss Ave N Oct 14, 2016: Northgate Way will be closed Wednesday, October 19, and Thursday, October 20, between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. to install the wire for a new electrical line
- Sound Transit contractor completes mining last tunnel segment for Northgate Link ExtensionSep 28, 2016: On Sept. 1, Sound Transit contractors completed mining the last tunnel segment for the Northgate Link Extension twin tunnels when the tunnel boring machine holed through the wall of a retrieval shaft at the University of Washington Station.
- Tunneling for Northgate Link nears completionAug 31, 2016: Northgate Link is poised to reach a major milestone in the next several days.