Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Feb 6, 2017: Weekend closure: Banner Way NE and NE 80th Street
- Feb 3, 2017: Lane Closure: Banner Way NE & NE 76th Street
- Feb 2, 2017: Sound Transit breaks ground on Northgate light rail station
- Dec 22, 2016: Northgate plant salvage coming up
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $1.9 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Weekend closure: Banner Way NE and NE 80th StreetFeb 6, 2017:
Starting the weekend of Friday, Feb. 24 at 8 p.m., Sound Transit's contractor will close Banner Way NE just north of NE 80th Street to start work on removing instrumentation from the dewatering wells located in that area.
- Lane Closure: Banner Way NE & NE 76th StreetFeb 3, 2017:
As early as Tuesday, Feb. 7, Sound Transit’s contractor will close the southbound left lane on Banner Way NE adjacent to NE 76th Street to start work on removing instrumentation from the dewatering wells.
- Sound Transit breaks ground on Northgate light rail stationFeb 2, 2017:
In mid-January, Sound Transit began construction of its Northgate light rail station, one of three stations set to open in 2021 with the completion of the Northgate Link Extension.
- Lane Closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st & NE 72nd streetJan 18, 2017: As early as Monday, January 23, 2017, Sound Transit’s contractor will close a lane on Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd streets to start work on removing instrumentation from the dewatering wells located in that area. This work will take approximately 1 week to complete.
- Night work at NE 100th and 103rd StreetsJan 13, 2017: Sound Transit's contractor will install a temporary construction site water conveyance system beneath the 100th and 103rd Street ...