Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Jul 31, 2015: Project update: Northgate Link Extension
- Jul 24, 2015: Nighttime First Ave NE Closures for Utility Relocation Work
- Jul 21, 2015: Construction alert: U District Station
- Jun 30, 2015: Relocating Transmission Line to WSDOT property along the west side of I-5
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $2.1 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Project update: Northgate Link ExtensionJul 31, 2015: Utility relocation work for future Northgate Station closing First Avenue NE at night Before Northgate Station construction
- Nighttime First Ave NE Closures for Utility Relocation WorkJul 24, 2015: As early as July 27, Sound Transit’s contractor will begin installing a waterline between NE 95th and NE 100th streets.
- Construction alert: U District StationJul 21, 2015: Setting the foundation for the future light rail stationThis summer, crews will pour concrete at the bottom of the U District li
- Early morning work hours planned for Monday and Tuesday, July 20-21Jul 16, 2015: Crews building the U District Station are planning to begin work around 6 a.m. on Monday and Tuesday, July 20-21.
- Construction alert: U District StationJul 13, 2015: Early work hours planned for Wednesday-Friday, July 15-17Crews building the U District Station are planning to begin work around