Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Aug 20, 2015: Tunneling support shifts to Roosevelt Station site
- Aug 18, 2015: Site work starting at 6 a.m. Aug. 20; Early morning concrete pour Aug. 25
- Jul 31, 2015: Project update: Northgate Link Extension
- Jun 30, 2015: Relocating Transmission Line to WSDOT property along the west side of I-5
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $2.1 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Tunneling support shifts to Roosevelt Station siteAug 20, 2015: Starting the week of Aug.
- Site work starting at 6 a.m. Aug. 20; Early morning concrete pour Aug. 25Aug 18, 2015: Site work starting at 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 20On Thursday, Aug. 20, crews working for Sound Transit will begin work at 6 a.m.
- Project update: Northgate Link ExtensionJul 31, 2015: Utility relocation work for future Northgate Station closing First Avenue NE at night Before Northgate Station construction
- Nighttime First Ave NE Closures for Utility Relocation WorkJul 24, 2015: As early as July 27, Sound Transit’s contractor will begin installing a waterline between NE 95th and NE 100th streets.
- Construction alert: U District StationJul 21, 2015: Setting the foundation for the future light rail stationThis summer, crews will pour concrete at the bottom of the U District li