Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Nov 23, 2015: Project update: Northgate Link Extension
- Oct 30, 2015: Project Update: Northgate Link Extension
- Sep 29, 2015: Weekend Closures: Banner Way NE and NE 80th Street
- Sep 29, 2015: Nighttime First Ave NE Closure – Thursday, October 1
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $2.1 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Project update: Northgate Link ExtensionNov 23, 2015: Tunnel boring machine Brenda emerges into U District Station siteTunnel boring machine Brenda successfully made it to the U Dist
- Project Update: Northgate Link ExtensionOct 30, 2015: Tunneling updateTunnel boring machine Brenda continues to work beneath the University District and is approaching the U District
- Weekend Closures: Banner Way NE and NE 80th StreetSep 29, 2015: Starting the weekend of Friday, October 2, 2015 at 8:00 p.m.
- Nighttime First Ave NE Closure – Thursday, October 1 Sep 29, 2015: Sound Transit’s contractor is reconnecting a water line on First Ave NE on Thursday, October 1.
- Project Update: Northgate Link ExtensionSep 29, 2015: Tunneling update Tunneling crews continue to make progress on both tunnels between the Roosevelt Station site and the U Distric