Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Dec 5, 2016: Lane closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st & NE 72nd street
- Oct 31, 2016: Northgate electrical line update
- Oct 31, 2016: Lane Closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd streets
- Sep 28, 2016: Sound Transit contractor completes mining last tunnel segment for Northgate Link Extension
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $1.9 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Lane closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st & NE 72nd streetDec 5, 2016: As early as Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2016, Sound Transit’s contractor will close a lane to start work on decommissioning the dewatering wells located on Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd street (see map).
- Lane Closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd streetsOct 31, 2016: As early as Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2016, Sound Transit’s contractor will close a southbound right lane on Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd streets to start work on decommissioning dewatering wells in that area. This work will happen over a period of time and will occur in phases.
- Northgate electrical line updateOct 31, 2016: Sound Transit's contractor continues to make good progress on a new electrical line in the Northgate neighborhood. The line is being relocated in order to construct the Northgate Station.
- Nighttime rolling slowdowns on I-5 at Northeast Northgate WayOct 25, 2016: Intermittent rolling slowdowns in both directions are scheduled on I-5 at Northeast Northgate Way from 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26, to 4 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 27.
- Lane closures on Banner Way NE for the decommissioning of dewatering wellsOct 24, 2016: As early as Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2016 Sound Transit's contractor will close lanes to start the decommissioning of the dewatering wells and remove instrumentation located on Banner Way NE and NE 76th Street and Banner Way NE and NE 78th Street.