Projects & Plans
In November, 2016 regional voters approved Sound Transit 3. This 25-year mass transit expansion plan will add 62 miles of new Link light rail service, bring bus rapid transit service north, east and south of Lake Washington, increase Sounder train capacity on the south line, and improve parking and access to stations throughout the system. Explore the interactive map at: soundtransit3.org/map#map.
Your outreach team
- East Link tunnel excavation is underway in downtown BellevueFeb 27, 2017:
Behind the construction sound wall, crews are busy excavating at the south tunnel portal site located at 112th Avenue Northeast and Main Street.
- East Link tunnel construction is underway in downtown BellevueFeb 24, 2017:
Light rail will run under downtown when East Link opens in 2023.
- Lane closure: Banner Way NE & NE 78th StreetFeb 24, 2017:
As early as Thursday, March 2, Sound Transit's contractor will close a lane on Banner Way NE adjacent to NE 78th Street to start work removing instrumentation from the dewatering wells.
- Pile driving work starts againFeb 21, 2017:
Once the bridge slide work is complete (Feb. 17-22), pile driving is anticipated to start near the intersection of East 'G'/East 26th Street as early as Feb. 24.
- High-speed signal testing continues Feb. 25-26Feb 21, 2017:
Between Feb. 25 and Feb. 26, Sound Transit will continue the high-speed signal-testing portion for the Point Defiance Bypass project between the Tacoma Dome station and the Nisqually Junction.
- Nighttime closure of NE 103rd StreetFeb 21, 2017:
NE 103rd Street near 1st Ave NE will be closed to through traffic from 9:30 p.m. to 5 a.m., Friday, February 24th.