Projects & Plans
In November, 2016 regional voters approved Sound Transit 3. This 25-year mass transit expansion plan will add 62 miles of new Link light rail service, bring bus rapid transit service north, east and south of Lake Washington, increase Sounder train capacity on the south line, and improve parking and access to stations throughout the system. Explore the interactive map at: soundtransit3.org/map#map.
Your outreach team
- Track stabilization and signal testing starts SaturdayJan 19, 2017: This weekend, starting on Saturday, Jan. 21, Sound Transit will begin the track stabilization and signal-testing portion for the Point Defiance Bypass project between South 66th Street and Nisqually Junction.
- Lane Closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st & NE 72nd streetJan 18, 2017: As early as Monday, January 23, 2017, Sound Transit’s contractor will close a lane on Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd streets to start work on removing instrumentation from the dewatering wells located in that area. This work will take approximately 1 week to complete.
- Night work at NE 100th and 103rd StreetsJan 13, 2017: Sound Transit's contractor will install a temporary construction site water conveyance system beneath the 100th and 103rd Street ...
- What is coming up next?Jan 13, 2017: The second phase of the Tacoma Trestle project is underway. It consists of the construction of the steel girder that will support the train tracks across the intersection of East 'G' Street and East 26th Street.
- Jan 12, 2017
- Is your small business directly-adjacent to the East Link Extension light rail project? Jan 11, 2017: Sound Transit has partnered with Five Stars to provide strategic assistance to eligible small businesses.