Projects & Plans
In June, the Sound Transit Board adopted the Sound Transit 3 Plan that voters will consider in November. This 25-year mass transit expansion plan would add 62 miles of new Link light rail service, bring bus rapid transit service on the Eastside, and increase Sounder train capacity on the south line. Learn more: soundtransit3.org
Your outreach team
- Utility work on 112th Avenue SE the week of July 25Jul 22, 2016: As early as Monday July 25, Sound Transit construction crews will begin utility work on 112th Avenue SE in support of the East Link Extension. The work will be performed in coordination with Puget Sound Energy.
- Contractor selected for final 1.8 miles of East Link design and construction in Overlake area of RedmondJul 22, 2016: Sound Transit has issued Notice to Proceed to the Design-Build contractor that will complete design and construct the two East Link Extension light rail stations and associated track and infrastructure in the Overlake area in Redmond.
- Tacoma Link nears final designJul 19, 2016: In April and May Sound Transit hosted platform location workshops to gather input from the public about platform locations for Stadium District, 6th/MLK Jr. Way and 11th/MLK Jr. Way stations.
- Continued geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NEJul 18, 2016: Starting Wednesday, July 20th, Sound Transit's contractor will conduct one additional ground boring test at the corner of NE Ravenna Blvd. and 12th Ave NE. This work is expected to take 3-4 days to complete.
- Street closure at the intersection of East 'G' Street and East 26th StreetJul 15, 2016: Tuesday, July 19, Sound Transit will be closing East 'G' Street between East 25th Street and East 26th Street. ...
- Demolition of the former strip mall property located at First Avenue NE at NE 100th StreetJul 14, 2016: As early as July 18, Sound Transit’s contractor will begin preparing for demolition at the former strip mall located at First Avenue NE at NE 100th Street (see map).