Projects & Plans
Sound Transit has begun the process to shape a ballot measure that voters could consider as early as November 2016. This Sound Transit 3 measure will build upon the existing mass transit system of light rail, commuter rail and bus services.
Learn more and get involved in the process:soundtransit3.org
Your outreach team
- Project update: Northgate Link tunnel boring machines being refurbished and dismantledApr 29, 2016: Tunneling contractor JCM has one Northgate Link tunnel section left to build and the option of two machines to build it.
- Construction on East Link is underway!Apr 29, 2016: Light rail service to the Eastside took a big step forward recently as Sound Transit's contractor began work on the downtown Bellevue tunnel, marking the start of East Link construction!
- S. 200th Street and 28th Avenue S. paving planned this weekApr 26, 2016: Crews plan to place the final layer of asphalt on S. 200th Street (between 26th Avenue S. and International Boulevard) and 28th Avenue S. (from north of S. 204th Street to 26th Avenue S.) beginning as early as Wednesday, April 27.
- South 200th Link Extension Safety Drills on Tuesday, April 26 Apr 25, 2016: Sound Transit will host a series of safety drills with South King County emergency responders on Tuesday, April 26 for the S 200
- Survey work in your neighborhoodApr 20, 2016: Starting as early as Wednesday April 20, Sound Transit will begin survey work for the Tacoma Trestle Track and Signal project.
- Apr 16, 2016: Starting as early as Wednesday April 20, Sound Transit will begin survey work for the Tacoma Trestle Track and Signal project.