Judkins Park Station
Located in the center of I-90, riders will be able to enter the station from Rainier Avenue South and 23rd Avenue South. This station meets the City of Seattle's goals of promoting urban villages and linking employment centers.
- Center-platform station located in the center roadway of I-90
- Station entrances at 23rd Avenue South and Rainier Avenue South
- Bicycle and pedestrian connections to the I-90 trail
- Bus connections at both east and west station entrances
- Secure bicycle storage
- Passenger drop-off/pick-up area
- Public art
Issues for final design
- Final architectural features
- Artist selection
- Construction staging, schedule and methods
- Permanent station naming
See most recent design materials in the document archive.
Update your subscriber preferences today to receive area-specific updates that include advanced notification for traffic impacts, new construction activities and more. The current construction schedule is below and is subject to change as construction contracts are awarded.
- Downtown Bellevue: early 2016
- Tunnel construction is scheduled to begin in early 2016 while the remainder of downtown Bellevue construction will begin in mid-2017
- South Bellevue: late 2016
- Overlake: early 2017
- Bel-Red: early 2017
- I-90: mid-2017
- PROJECT: Platform Windscreens
- ARTIST: Barbara Earl Thomas (Seattle)
- DESCRIPTION: A simple story told in pictures will spread across the station’s platform windscreens. The artwork is loosely based on the theme of passing the torch, the artist’s understanding of how the Judkins Park neighborhood has changed over time. STart will work with Earl Thomas to develop a component of the artwork that is accessible to the disabled community.
- WEB: http://barbaraearlthomas.com/
- PROJECT: Station Entrances and Ancillary Building Walls
- ARTIST: Hank Willis Thomas (New York, NY)
- DESCRIPTION: Through a series of photo-montages, Willis Thomas is exploring themes of identity, history and popular culture in the Judkins Park neighborhood, and is interested in the station’s proximity to Jimi Hendrix Park. STart is working with Willis Thomas to develop a braille component of the artwork that is accessible to the disabled community.
- WEB: http://www.hankwillisthomas.com/
No events are scheduled
- Feb 27, 2017: East Link tunnel excavation is underway in downtown Bellevue
- Nov 23, 2016: Project update: East Link Extension
- Nov 1, 2016: Thank you for attending the Judkins Park Open House
- Oct 24, 2016: Seattle I-90 Neighborhoods East Link Extension Open House
- Apr 15, 2016: Structure demolition at the south portal of the downtown Bellevue tunnel set to begin the week of April 18