Lynnwood Link Extension
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Targeted for 2023
Lynnwood Link Extension will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection through some of the worst traffic congestion in Washington State. This extension builds four new light rail stations from Northgate to Lynnwood. Riders will enjoy frequent, reliable service between south Snohomish County and the University of Washington, downtown Seattle, the Eastside, the airport and more.
- Final Design
Length: 8.5 miles from Lynnwood to Northgate
Anticipated ride times:
- Lynnwood to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- Lynnwood to Downtown Seattle: 28 minutes
- Lynnwood to Overlake Transit Center: 60 minutes
- Lynnwood to Sea-Tac Airport: 60 minutes
Rider projection: About 63,000 - 74,000 riders each weekday in 2035.
Funding: This project relies on competing for and receiving significant federal funding
- North Sound
- Happy New Year!Jan 23, 2017: 2016 was a busy year for the LLE project. Our staff, in coordination with jurisdictional and transit agency partners, started the LLE project's final design phase and began further refining the project's guideway, stations and operating systems.
Lynnwood Station Site Plan (2.23 MB)Dec 7, 2016
NE 145th Station Site Plan (2.39 MB)Dec 7, 2016