Lynnwood Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Aug 19, 2016: Changes to the Northeast 145th Street station site plan
- Nov 23, 2015: Final design set to start, new video animation
- Jul 14, 2015: Record of Decision received: Next up, final design
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Targeted for 2023
Lynnwood Link Extension will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection through some of the worst traffic congestion in Washington State. This extension builds four new light rail stations from Northgate to Lynnwood. Riders will enjoy frequent, reliable service between south Snohomish County and the University of Washington, downtown Seattle, the Eastside, the airport and more.
- Final Design
Length: 8.5 miles from Lynnwood to Northgate
Anticipated ride times:
- Lynnwood to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- Lynnwood to Downtown Seattle: 28 minutes
- Lynnwood to Overlake Transit Center: 60 minutes
- Lynnwood to Sea-Tac Airport: 60 minutes
Rider projection: About 63,000 - 74,000 riders each weekday in 2035.
Funding: This project relies on competing for and receiving significant federal funding
- North Sound
- Changes to the Northeast 145th Street station site planAug 19, 2016: With final design of the Lynnwood Link Extension underway, Sound Transit has been working with project partners to make modifica ...
Fact sheet for Lynnwood Link Extension (699.51 KB)Dec 10, 2015
- Final design set to start, new video animationNov 23, 2015: Board action and approvalOn Thursday, November 19, the Sound Transit Board of Directors approved the project and budget to move ...