Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Oct 14, 2016: Nighttime Closures: Northgate Way between First Ave NE and Corliss Ave N
- Sep 28, 2016: Sound Transit contractor completes mining last tunnel segment for Northgate Link Extension
- Aug 31, 2016: Tunneling for Northgate Link nears completion
- Aug 19, 2016: Rescheduled: Continued geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NE
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $1.9 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Nighttime Closures: Northgate Way between First Ave NE and Corliss Ave N Oct 14, 2016: Northgate Way will be closed Wednesday, October 19, and Thursday, October 20, between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. to install the wire for a new electrical line
- Sound Transit contractor completes mining last tunnel segment for Northgate Link ExtensionSep 28, 2016: On Sept. 1, Sound Transit contractors completed mining the last tunnel segment for the Northgate Link Extension twin tunnels when the tunnel boring machine holed through the wall of a retrieval shaft at the University of Washington Station.
- Tunneling for Northgate Link nears completionAug 31, 2016: Northgate Link is poised to reach a major milestone in the next several days.
- Rescheduled: Continued geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NEAug 19, 2016: Starting Monday, Aug. ...
- Tunnel boring machine retrieval preparation at University of Washington StationJul 28, 2016: Mining of the final tunnel section that will serve southbound light rail trains is nearly complete.