Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Aug 31, 2016: Tunneling for Northgate Link nears completion
- Aug 19, 2016: Rescheduled: Continued geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NE
- Jul 28, 2016: Tunnel boring machine retrieval preparation at University of Washington Station
- Jul 18, 2016: Continued geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NE
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $1.9 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Tunneling for Northgate Link nears completionAug 31, 2016: Northgate Link is poised to reach a major milestone in the next several days.
- Rescheduled: Continued geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NEAug 19, 2016: Starting Monday, Aug. ...
- Tunnel boring machine retrieval preparation at University of Washington StationJul 28, 2016: Mining of the final tunnel section that will serve southbound light rail trains is nearly complete.
- Continued geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NEJul 18, 2016: Starting Wednesday, July 20th, Sound Transit's contractor will conduct one additional ground boring test at the corner of NE Ravenna Blvd. and 12th Ave NE. This work is expected to take 3-4 days to complete.
- Demolition of the former strip mall property located at First Avenue NE at NE 100th StreetJul 14, 2016: As early as July 18, Sound Transit’s contractor will begin preparing for demolition at the former strip mall located at First Avenue NE at NE 100th Street (see map).