University Link Extension
In about the time it takes to order and get coffee, University Link will take you from downtown Seattle to Capitol Hill and the University of Washington. Here's a sped-up train-cab view during testing between Capitol Hill and the UW. Service begins in early 2016!
No events are scheduled
- Sep 30, 2015: Project update: University Link Extension
- Sep 25, 2015: Capitol Hill Station street restoration update: Nighttime Construction Activities
- Sep 16, 2015: Lane Restrictions on Broadway September 19 – 20
- Jul 31, 2015: Project update: University Link Extension
- Link light rail
Start of service:
University Link will connect the University of Washington and Capitol Hill to existing light rail service from downtown Seattle to the airport.
Ride from University of Washington to downtown in eight minutes and on to the airport in less than an hour.
Length: 3.15 miles connects downtown Seattle to UW (Husky Stadium)
Rider projection: University Link will add 71,000 riders to the system by 2030, bringing the systemwide total to 114,000.
Budget: $1.9 billion
Construction type: Twin-bored tunnels
Funding partners: sales tax, MVET tax, federal grants
- Seattle Area
- Project update: University Link ExtensionSep 30, 2015: Night work continues through October 2Crews have been working with The City of Seattle to restore Broadway between E.