University Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Jul 31, 2015: Project update: University Link Extension
- Jul 17, 2015: Lane Restrictions on Broadway and E. John Street July 18
- Jun 30, 2015: First phase of University Link testing complete
- Jun 25, 2015: Montlake Boulevard Nighttime Lane Closures June 27
- Link light rail
Start of service:
University Link extends the existing light rail service to the north connecting the University of Washington and Capitol Hill to downtown Seattle and the airport. The project includes 3.15 miles of new tunnel track and two underground stations: one at Capitol Hill and one at the University of Washington.
University Link will serve the three largest urban centers in the state of Washington – downtown Seattle, Capitol Hill and the University District.
Length: 3.15 miles connects downtown Seattle to UW (Husky Stadium)
Rider projection: University Link will add 71,000 riders to the system by 2030, bringing the systemwide total to 114,000.
Budget: $1.9 billion
Construction type: Twin-bored tunnels
Funding partners: sales tax, MVET tax, federal grants
- Seattle Area
- Project update: University Link ExtensionJul 31, 2015: Bicyclists take the inaugural ride across the newly opened bike and pedestrian bridge connecting the University of Washington St