Rider information for Sept. 4 NFL Kickoff
August 27, 2014
Are you ready to kick off another championship season? Sound Transit is! It all starts Thursday, Sept. 4, with the official NFL Kickoff.
With both gameday crowds (5:30 kickoff) and those coming for the free Pharrell Williams and Soundgarden concert (3:10-4:45), expect large crowds downtown. Please read how this will affect your commute or how best to get to the concert or game.
Regular Riders: If possible, try to flex your schedule to avoid traveling during the afternoon of Thursday, Sept. 4.
- Sounder - On Thursday afternoon, please use the Jackson Street entrance to get to the platform. The Weller Street overpass will be open for those needing the elevator.
- ST Express - Expect delays for all buses downtown.
- Link - Expect heavy crowding during the afternoon commute.
- Link - Skip the ticket lines, buy an ORCA card beforehand! Click here for a list of local retailers. For riders heading to the game, please exit at Stadium Station. For the concert, please use Pioneer Square station. Gameday Village will be at Occidental Park and the line to the concert will be on 2nd Avenue (see map).
- ST Express - Go here for a list of ST Express routes that serve the stadiums. Concert-goers will not be able to use the Weller Street overpass; please use 2nd Avenue (see map).
- Sounder - Sounder will operate on a normal schedule.
- Follow Sound Transit on twitter at twitter.com/SoundTransit for live updates during the events.
- Thank you for your patience during this big city celebration. Please be respectful and understanding to your fellow #12s. Go Hawks!