It's a smooth ride for cyclists
Bringing your bike
Please follow these rules while on Sound Transit vehicles and at facilities.
Follow all traffic rules.
Look after your safety and the safety of others.
Walk your bicycle on vehicles, plazas, platforms and pedestrian bridges.
Leave your bicycle behind in an emergency.
Sound Transit is not responsible for any personal injury or loss.
Sounder and Central Link: Four bicycles per car; two in designated securement and two with standing rider.
Tacoma Link: Four bicycles per car, all with standing rider.
- Board cars only at doors marked with a bicycle symbol.
- Use storage marked with a bicycle symbol.
- Try another car if storage area is full.
- Do not store your bicycle in the wheelchair or senior priority areas.
- Protect passengers from sharp edges on your bicycle.
- Keep aisles and exits clear.
- Bicycles are stored in front of the bus in the bus bike rack.
- Alert the driver before loading your bicycle.
- Always load and unload your bicycle from the curb.
- Always load the rack starting from the slot furthest from the driver.
- At your stop, exit using the front door and tell the driver you are unloading your bicycle.
- Obey all traffic rules and regulations.
- Walk your bicycle on vehicles and on station platforms.
- Park your bike only in bicycle racks or lockers at Sound Transit stations and facilities.
- Abandoned bicycles and bicycle equipment will be removed.
When storing your bike at a Sound Transit facility:
- Lock it to a bike rack
- Rent a locker from Sound Transit. Annual $50 non-refundable rental fee plus a one-time refundable $50 key deposit. For availability at specific locations, call 1-888-889-6368 | TTY Relay: 711. Download locker rental form.
- Reserve a space in the bike cage at Tukwila Station. Annual $50 non-refundable rental fee. Download cage rental form.
Make biking part of the equation
Did you know in about 15 minutes, you can bike about three miles? Get to your bus stop or train station quickly, while you connect to your city, breathe fresh air and reduce stress.More information
Enter your email address to get Sound Transit bicycle updates.