Bringing your bike
Follow these rules while on Sound Transit vehicles and at facilities:
- Follow all traffic rules.
- Look after your safety and the safety of others.
- Walk your bicycle on vehicles, plazas, platforms and pedestrian bridges.
- Leave your bicycle behind in an emergency.
- Sound Transit is not responsible for any personal injury or loss.
Sounder and Link: Four bicycles per car; two in designated securement and two with standing rider.
Tacoma Link: Four bicycles per car, all with standing rider.
- Board cars only at doors marked with a bicycle symbol.
- Use storage marked with a bicycle symbol.
- Try another car if storage area is full.
- Do not store your bicycle in the wheelchair or senior priority areas.
- Protect passengers from sharp edges on your bicycle.
- Keep aisles and exits clear.
- Bicycles are stored in front of the bus in the bus bike rack.
- Alert the driver before loading your bicycle.
- Always load and unload your bicycle from the curb.
- Always load the rack starting from the slot furthest from the driver.
- At your stop, exit using the front door and tell the driver you are unloading your bicycle.
- Obey all traffic rules and regulations.
- Walk your bicycle on vehicles and on station platforms.
- Park your bike only in bicycle racks or lockers at Sound Transit stations and facilities.
- Abandoned bicycles and bicycle equipment will be removed.
When storing your bike at a Sound Transit facility:
- Lock it to a bike rack
- Rent a locker from Sound Transit. Annual $50 non-refundable rental fee plus a one-time refundable $50 key deposit. For availability at specific locations, call 888-889-6368 | TTY Relay: 711. Download locker rental form.
- Reserve a space in the bike cage at Tukwila Station or Beacon Hill Station (opening second half of 2015). Annual $50 non-refundable rental fee. Download cage rental form.