Because parking fills up quickly at many Sound Transit facilities, riders often tell us they are frustrated. To help regular transit riders have more certainty about finding a parking space during busy morning commute hours, in 2014 a permit parking option is being introduced at four of Sound Transit's busiest stations. Free parking for transit riders will still be available at all Sound Transit parking facilities.
Permit sales have ended. The permit program runs through July 2014.
How the program works:
- You must have and use a valid ORCA card or U-Pass to apply for a permit.
- Your ORCA card (or U-Pass) use must confirm at least three transit trips per week from the requested parking facility.
- Permits will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis determined by application date and time.
- No refunds are allowed.
- For carpool permits, all riders must be included in the application in order to validate the carpool. Failure to do so will result in non-issuance of a permit. Only one permit will be issued per carpool, and carpool members are not also eligible for solo permits.
- Permits for the final quarter of the pilot expire on July 31, 2014.
If you receive a permit:
- Hang it from your vehicle's rear-view mirror when you park at the station so it is readable through the windshield.
- Permitted-only spaces are reserved between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m Monday through Friday. After 10 a.m. anyone can park in those spots.
- Permit parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis to permit holders.
Applications closed May 9
Feb - July 2014 permit pilot
Carpool permit $5/quarter
Information about the board-approved 2014 pilot to test several strategies for helping customers access public transit by managing parking more efficiently.