Because parking fills up quickly at many Sound Transit facilities, riders often tell us they are frustrated. To help regular transit riders have more certainty about finding a parking space during busy morning commute hours, in 2014 a permit parking option is being introduced at four of Sound Transit's busiest stations. Free parking for transit riders will still be available at all Sound Transit parking facilities.
Permit sales have ended. The permit program runs through July 2014.
How it works
How the program works:
- You must have and use a valid ORCA card or U-Pass to apply for a permit.
- Your ORCA card (or U-Pass) use must confirm at least three transit trips per week from the requested parking facility.
- Permits will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis determined by application date and time.
- No refunds are allowed.
- For carpool permits, all riders must be included in the application in order to validate the carpool. Failure to do so will result in non-issuance of a permit. Only one permit will be issued per carpool, and carpool members are not also eligible for solo permits.
- Permits for the final quarter of the pilot expire on July 31, 2014.
If you receive a permit:
- Hang it from your vehicle's rear-view mirror when you park at the station so it is readable through the windshield.
- Permitted-only spaces are reserved between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m Monday through Friday. After 10 a.m. anyone can park in those spots.
- Permit parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis to permit holders.
Limited, permit-only parking is available at:
- Issaquah Transit Center (carpool spaces: 13, solo driver spaces: 132, remaining free parking: 674)
- Mukilteo Station (carpool spaces: 3, solo driver spaces: 12, remaining free parking: 48)
- Sumner Station (carpool spaces: 35, solo driver spaces: 99, remaining free parking: 208)
- Tukwila International Blvd Station (carpool spaces: 8, solo driver spaces: 123, remaining free parking: 469)
General parking for transit riders is available without a permit. Other Sound Transit parking facilities do not have permit parking at this time.
Permit parking is located in the main parking area of each station, in spaces near the boarding platform.
Permit parking will be enforced until 10 a.m. Monday through Friday. After 10 a.m., transit customers may park in permitted spots without a permit. People without permits who park in permit spots before 10 a.m. will receive a warning on the first occurrence; their vehicles will be towed at their expense on the second occurrence.
All vehicles must be parked in compliance with Sound Transit facilities rules and regulations. Permit must be hung from the rear-view mirror so it can be read through the windshield. Permit allows parking only in designated spaces. Permit is for the exclusive use of individual(s) to whom it is issued. Any unauthorized use or use of an altered, stolen, counterfeit or lost permit will result in revocation of the permit and may lead to towing of the vehicle at the owner's risk and expense. Sound Transit is not responsible for property damage, loss, or personal injury, or any damage to the vehicle or its contents from fire, theft, collision or any cause whatsoever. Permit is not a contract of bailment. Sound Transit is not an insurer and does not guarantee protection.