Emerald Downs service
You're already a winner
Right out of the gate, your day at the races is better when it starts with Sound Transit. Don't pony up for gas and parking. Instead, use your travel time to study the Daily Racing Guide, monitor track conditions and determine your wagering strategy!
First, take Sound Transit buses or trains to Auburn Station.
For an afternoon at the track watching live racing:
- Special weekend service runs on select weekends and Memorial Day in late morning from Lakewood, South Tacoma, Puyallup and Sumner to Auburn Station; return trips run mid-afternoon, leaving Seattle after the Mariners or Sounders FC game ends*. See dates at right.
- On Saturdays, Sept. 13 and 20, special Sounder service will run in the morning from Everett, Mukilteo, Edmonds, Seattle, Tukwila, Sumner and Puyallup to Auburn Station, with return trains in the evening. Click here for schedule.
For simulcast racing fans and those who like to get there early:
- Weekday commuter trains run 10 round trips Monday through Friday during early morning and late afternoon 'rush hours' with Auburn Station service to and from Lakewood, South Tacoma, Tacoma, Puyallup, Sumner, Kent, Tukwila and Seattle. Click here for schedule.
ST Express 578
- Service to and from downtown Seattle, Federal Way, Sumner and Puyallup runs all day, seven days a week. Click here for schedule.
ST Express 566
- Service to and from Renton and Kent runs all day on weekdays only. Click here for schedule.
Free Pony Express shuttle
From Auburn Station, catch Emerald Downs' free Pony Express shuttle service to the racetrack. The shuttle leaves Auburn Station hourly beginning at 9:15 a.m. daily; return trips to Auburn Station leave Emerald Downs on the hour through 5 p.m. weekdays and 9 p.m. weekends.
Weekend Sounder service to Auburn
Game day train schedule to Seattle/King Street Station for games with 1 p.m or 1:10 p.m. start times.
From Lakewood to Seattle
|S. Tacoma||10:50 AM|
From Everett to Seattle
Return schedule - from Seattle/King Street Station
Return trains to Lakewood/Everett depart 35 minutes after the end of the game
Parking is available at all Sounder train stations with the exception of King Street Station in Seattle.
Learn about parking for Sounder train stations:
You can buy day passes for Emerald Downs service on the day of travel or in advance at station ticket vending machines.
Ticket vending machines [TVMs] issue one-way or day passes.
TVMs accept cash, E-purse, Visa or MasterCard.
ORCA cards and FlexPasses are valid.