East Link Extension
- Link light rail
Start of service:
East Link will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection between the Eastside's biggest population and employment centers and destinations across King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. When East Link opens, passengers will be able to ride over 50 miles of light rail with other new extensions also open north to Lynnwood and south to Kent/Des Moines.
- Final Design
Length: 14 miles
- Mercer Island to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- South Bellevue to Sea-Tac Airport: 50 minutes
- Overlake Transit Center to Bellevue Transit Center: 10 minutes
Rider projection: About 50,000 riders will use East Link every day by 2030.
Budget: $3.7 billion
- East King County
- East Link Extension Safety Drills on Wednesday, June 29Jun 27, 2016: Sound Transit will host two safety drills this Wednesday, June 29 in downtown Bellevue.
- Intermittent lane closures on Main Street and 112th Avenue SE continue as crews prepare for installation of the sound wall surrounding the south tunnel portalJun 16, 2016: Sound Transit's construction crews have continued to clear and grade the site in preparation for tunnel excavation which is anticipated to begin this fall. In advance of the tunnel excavation, a 20-foot temporary sound wall will be installed around the site.
- Bel-Red/130th Station updateMay 3, 2016: University teams rise to the challenge for future Bel-Red / 130th Station site NAIOP 2016 Real Estate Challenge Winning Propo ...