Environment & sustainability
Sustainability makes tomorrow better than today
Sound Transit's mission supports communities, the environment and economy by providing affordable, environmentally-friendly public transit that connect residents to where they live, work and play.
Sustainability is part of daily business to enhance regional quality of life by:
- Reducing car trips by carrying more riders
- Supporting smart regional growth
- Fostering transit-oriented development and improved transit access
- Designing and building greener projects
- Operating fleets and facilities more efficiently
Sound Transit maintains an internationally certified (ISO 14001) Environmental and Sustainability Management System to be accountable for controlling any environmental impacts, maintaining environmental compliance and demonstrating improvements in performance.
Director, Office of Environmental Affairs and Sustainability and Senior Legal Counsel
More information on Sound Transit's Sustainability Initiative or ESMS: firstname.lastname@example.org