Construction alert: Tacoma Trestle Track and Signal Project, 4/20/2017
Apr 20, 2017
Upcoming construction impacts in Dome District
Starting as early as Friday, April 21, construction crews will work at the intersection of East 'C' and East 'D' Street over the next several weeks.
Upcoming work activities include:
- April 21 - May 30: Drainage crews will work overnight from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. for several weeks near East 26th Street and Freighthouse Square.
- Impacts: Overnight work; no road closure needed.
- April 22: Crews will replace rail between East 'G' and 'D' Streets.
- Impacts: One lane may be closed on East 'D' Street. Flaggers will be present.
- April 28 - May 1: East 'D' Street will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians at the train tracks from the afternoon of April 28 to the morning of May 1.
- Impacts: Weekend closure of East 'D' Street at the train tracks. East 26th St will be open to pedestrians during this work.
Ongoing work activities include:
- Construction of the south platform continues along the embankment on the far side of the second tracks.
- For safety reasons, the intersection of East 26th/East 'G' Street remains closed to pedestrians and vehicles, except for April 28 - May 1.
- Pile driving for the construction of the south bridge continues.