CANCELLED: Weekend closure of portion of 1st Ave NE and NE 103rd Street for road restoration
Starting Friday night, September 13th, a portion of 1st Ave NE and NE 103rd Street will be closed while Sound Transit’s contractor begins the restoration of the road and sidewalks around Northgate Station.
Closure of portion of 1st Ave NE and NE 103rd Street.
Starting, Friday, September 13th, 8:00 p.m. – Monday, September 16th, 4:30 a.m. Crews will be working day and night.
- 1st Ave NE between NE 100th and NE 107th Streets. NE 100th Street intersection and NE 107th St intersection will remain open (see map).
- NE 103rd Street between 1st Ave NE and west of 3rd Ave NE (see map).
- Interstate 5 access:
- Drivers exiting I-5 express lanes on Friday evening, September 13th, must proceed east onto NE 103rd St.
- Drivers exiting I-5 at NE 107th Street must proceed east into the mall or northbound on to 1st Ave NE toward Northgate Way.
- Access to Northgate Mall and Northgate Transit Center will be maintained.
- Access to Northgate Station Garage will be maintained. Drivers must enter and exit garage towards 3rd Ave NE (see map).
- A Temporary Noise Variance (TNV) has been issued by the City of Seattle for this work.
This is the first phase of road restoration around Northgate Station. This work includes road grinding/milling, which creates grooved pavement. Drivers please proceed cautiously and follow the directions of the flaggers. Motorcyclists use extreme caution. Large construction equipment includes road grinders, excavators, front end loaders, and dump trucks.