Mercer Island Listening Tour
As design of the future Mercer Island light rail station advances, Sound Transit and the City of Mercer Island want to identify and address outstanding issues related to the project. Use this website to learn about the transportation issues on Mercer Island, discover opportunities for public involvement and provide your feedback.
Next steps identified
Following the Mercer Island listening tour, Sound Transit, the City of Mercer Island, King County Metro and the Washington State Department of Transportation have been developing next steps for each of the publicly identified issues about transportation on and off the island.
In late 2015, Sound Transit, the City of Mercer Island, King County Metro and WSDOT held a public meeting and a series of drop-in sessions focused on gathering community input about transportation on and off the island. Approximately 300 people attended the four different events and nearly 200 comments were submitted throughout the process.
- View the listening tour FAQ for answers to questions frequently asked of Sound Transit during the listening tour
- View a transcript of all comments received during the listening tour
Based on the feedback received during the listening tour, public comments were reviewed and organized into the following list of identified issues.
- Access to I-90
- On-island traffic circulation/traffic mitigation
- Parking/access to light rail
- Integrated transit service (bus/light rail)
- Light rail construction
- Light rail station design
The following chart shows the scores from a survey asking Mercer Island residents to rank transportation issues in order of their importance.