Now there's a more affordable way to get to work, school, shopping, day care or anywhere else you need to go. With ORCA LIFT you have all the power and convenience of the ORCA card system at a fraction of the cost.
If you qualify for the ORCA LIFT program, you'll receive a free ORCA LIFT card registered to your name, with the same features every ORCA card has. You can load e-purse value on your card to pay for trips one at a time or load a monthly pass that lets you take unlimited trips for that calendar month. For special trips at a higher fare than your monthly pass, you can add e-purse value on top of your monthly pass.
ORCA LIFT benefits
With the ORCA LIFT card, income-qualified riders can save up to 66 percent on:
- All Sound Transit services (Link and Sounder trains, ST Express buses)
- King County Metro Transit buses
- Kitsap Transit buses
- King County Water Taxi
- Seattle Streetcar
- Parking permits at select Sound Transit and King County Metro Park & Ride lots
For current fares click the links above.
How much does it cost to get an ORCA LIFT card?
Nothing. The card is free to qualified individuals. If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, replacement cards cost $3. Users are responsible for the costs to load e-purse value or a monthly transit pass on the card.
How to get the ORCA LIFT card?
Eligibility is based on your household income. People with a household income of less than double the federal poverty level (as established by the US Health and Human Services Department) qualify for ORCA LIFT.
- Review the household income guidelines to see if you qualify or call King County Metro Customer Service at (206) 553-3000 or (800) 756-5437.
- Apply in person at any one of the authorized enrollment offices around Snohomish, King and Pierce County.
How do I use an ORCA LIFT card?
You can use your ORCA LIFT card just like a regular ORCA card. Visit orcacard.com for information on how to use an ORCA card on trains, buses, ferries and streetcars as well as for information on how to add value to the card.