How to pay

Learn about all the different types of fares and passes. Paying for your ride is easy on buses, trains, streets cars, and even the ferries with an ORCA card.

Regional Reduced Fare Permit

The Regional Reduced Fare Permit (RRFP) simplifies travel for senior and disabled riders of public transportation around Puget Sound. Any eligible person may apply for an RRFP card at an ORCA customer service office. The card is free.

Senior RRFP cards can also be obtained by mailing the application to the ORCA customer service office.

Permanent RRFP

To qualify you must:

  • be 65 years of age or older; or
  • be currently certified by the Veterans Administration at a 40 percent or greater disability level

Temporary RRFP

You qualify if you:

  • are currently eligible for Social Security Disability benefits (SSDI) or Supplemental Social Security (SSI) due to a disability; or
  • have a valid Medicare card from the Social Security Administration; or
  • have a valid ADA paratransit card from outside the region; or
  • currently participate in a vocational career program with the Washington State Individual Education Program (IEP).
  • have a Washington Department of Licensing-issued disabled parking identification in conjunction with a government-issued photo identification

Permanent or Temporary RRFP (case-by-case)

To qualify you must:

  • have valid Regional ADA paratransit card; or
  • have a valid Medicare card from the Social Security Administration; or
  • have an obvious physical impairment(s) meeting one or more of the medical criteria listed on the RRFP application; or
  • have certification from a Washington State licensed physician (MD), psychiatrist, psychologist, advanced registered nurse practitioner, physician assistant, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, osteopathic physician or audiologist as meeting one or more of the medical conditions established for this program

Personal care attendant

One personal care attendant (PCA) can ride for free with a reduced-fare passenger; the PCA must get on and off with the reduced-fare passenger. The reduced-fare passenger must have an RRFP with ‘'PCA'' on the card.

How to apply

Download the application form.

For Senior RRFP cards download the application form and mail it or bring it with you to an ORCA customer service office. For Temporary or Permanent disability RRFP cards, you must bring the application and supporting documentation in person to an ORCA customer service office. Disability RRFP applications cannot be mailed.