Everett – Seattle (Operated by BNSF)
Current and Proposed Service
- September 2020: Weekday daily trips reduced from 8 to 4.
- March 2021 Proposal: Maintain September 2020 service levels.
- September 2021 Proposal: Maintain September 2020 service levels.
Why are we proposing these changes?
Ridership patterns since March have been consistently low. Continuing the suspension of four weekday daily trains would conserve resources while also maintaining some service on the route.
What does this mean for riders?
Passengers would have fewer departures to choose from.
Draft Title VI evaluation
- Disparate impact: No. The proposed change affects an area with a minority population of 35.0%, lower than the Sound Transit District average of 39.7%.
- Disproportionate burden: Yes. The proposed change affects an area with a low-income population of 17.5%, higher than the Sound Transit District average of 16.4%.
- Due to the determination disproportionate burden, results from public input and a review of alternatives will help shape the final proposal.