Lynnwood Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Mar 22, 2017: Station naming wrapping up
- Mar 13, 2017: March means Spring!
- Aug 19, 2016: Changes to the Northeast 145th Street station site plan
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Targeted for 2023
Lynnwood Link Extension will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection through some of the worst traffic congestion in Washington State. This extension builds four new light rail stations from Northgate to Lynnwood. Riders will enjoy frequent, reliable service between south Snohomish County and the University of Washington, downtown Seattle, the Eastside, the airport and more.
- Final Design
Length: 8.5 miles from Lynnwood to Northgate
Anticipated ride times:
- Lynnwood to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- Lynnwood to Downtown Seattle: 28 minutes
- Lynnwood to Overlake Transit Center: 60 minutes
- Lynnwood to Sea-Tac Airport: 60 minutes
Rider projection: About 63,000 - 74,000 riders each weekday in 2035.
Funding: This project relies on competing for and receiving significant federal funding
- North Sound
- Station naming wrapping upMar 22, 2017
- Proposed Trump Administration budget wipes out critical transit infrastructure funding, undermining light rail expansions including Lynnwood, Federal Way, Everett and TacomaMar 17, 2017: Immediate impacts include elimination of $1.17 billion in federal funding for Lynnwood Link.
- March means Spring!Mar 13, 2017