Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Jun 3, 2016: Geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NE
- Apr 29, 2016: Project update: Northgate Link tunnel boring machines being refurbished and dismantled
- Mar 17, 2016: Weekend Street Closures: First Avenue NE and NE 100th Street, 103rd Street
- Mar 1, 2016: PROJECT UPDATE: Northgate Link Extension February 2016
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $1.9 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NEJun 3, 2016: On May 1, a sinkhole was discovered in the front yard of a property on 12th Avenue NE near Northeast 62nd, above the Northgate L ...
- Project update: Northgate Link tunnel boring machines being refurbished and dismantledApr 29, 2016: Tunneling contractor JCM has one Northgate Link tunnel section left to build and the option of two machines to build it.
- Weekend Street Closures: First Avenue NE and NE 100th Street, 103rd StreetMar 17, 2016: Friday, March 18, crews will finish up paving work in the intersection of First Ave NE and NE 100th Street. The intersection will be closed to through traffic from 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 18 to 8 a.m. Saturday March 19.
- Weekend Street Closures: First Avenue NE and NE 100th StreetMar 3, 2016: This weekend, Sound Transit's utility relocation contractor will pave the intersection of First Avenue NE and NE 100th Street.
- PROJECT UPDATE: Northgate Link Extension February 2016Mar 1, 2016: The tunnel boring machine building the future northbound Northgate Link tunnel is just about to cross beneath E Stevens Way.