Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Mar 23, 2017: Drilling work to begin at the Northgate Transit Center Interim Lot B
- Mar 22, 2017: Nighttime closure of NE 100th St
- Mar 8, 2017: REMINDER: Roosevelt Station development open house
- Mar 2, 2017: Northgate Station construction camera now online
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $1.9 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Sound Transit awards contract to Hoffman Construction to build U District Station for Northgate Link ExtensionMar 23, 2017: Construction begins this summer for light rail extension opening in 2021.
- Drilling work to begin at the Northgate Transit Center Interim Lot BMar 23, 2017: Starting Monday, March 27th, Sound Transit's Northgate Station contractor, Absher Construction Company will begin drilling the s...
- Nighttime closure of NE 100th StMar 22, 2017: Saturday, March 25th, crews will restripe traffic markings and move a crane and other construction equipment across Northeast 10...
- Geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NEMar 16, 2017: Now that tunnel cross passage excavation in the area is complete, beginning as early as Tuesday, March 28, Sound Transit's contr...
- Nighttime closure of NE 103rd StreetMar 10, 2017: Nighttime closure of NE 103rd Street on Weds., March 15th from 9:30p.m. to 5 a.m.