Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Jul 18, 2016: Continued geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NE
- Jul 14, 2016: Demolition of the former strip mall property located at First Avenue NE at NE 100th Street
- Jul 1, 2016: Project Update: Tunnel boring machine heading to beneath UW campus
- Apr 29, 2016: Project update: Northgate Link tunnel boring machines being refurbished and dismantled
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $1.9 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Continued geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NEJul 18, 2016: Starting Wednesday, July 20th, Sound Transit's contractor will conduct one additional ground boring test at the corner of NE Ravenna Blvd. and 12th Ave NE. This work is expected to take 3-4 days to complete.
- Demolition of the former strip mall property located at First Avenue NE at NE 100th StreetJul 14, 2016: As early as July 18, Sound Transit’s contractor will begin preparing for demolition at the former strip mall located at First Avenue NE at NE 100th Street (see map).
- Project Update: Tunnel boring machine heading to beneath UW campusJul 1, 2016: Tunnel boring machine approaches UW campus On June 14, Northgate Link Extension crews re-launched a tunnel boring machin ...
- Geotechnical investigation along 12th Avenue NEJun 3, 2016: On May 1, a sinkhole was discovered in the front yard of a property on 12th Avenue NE near Northeast 62nd, above the Northgate L ...
Folio for Northgate Link Extension (3.41 MB)May 16, 2016: Folio with project status, station descriptions, route map