East Link Extension
- Link light rail
Start of service:
East Link Extension will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection from the Eastside's biggest population and employment centers to downtown Seattle, Sea-Tac Airport and the University of Washington. Ten stations will serve Seattle, Mercer Island, Bellevue, Bel-Red and Overlake in Redmond.
- Final Design
Length: 14 miles
- Mercer Island to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- South Bellevue to Sea-Tac Airport: 50 minutes
- Overlake Transit Center to Bellevue Transit Center: 10 minutes
Rider projection: About 50,000 riders will use East Link every day by 2030.
Budget: $2.8 billion
- East King County
- Project update: East Link ExtensionNov 13, 2015: Construction is right around the corner!
- Paving the way for East Link – prepare for weekend roadworkOct 2, 2015: During the weekend of Oct.
- Permanent station names adoptedJun 30, 2015: On Thursday, June 25, the Sound Transit Board adopted East Link's permanent station names.