East Link Extension
- Link light rail
Start of service:
East Link will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection between the Eastside's biggest population and employment centers and destinations across King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. When East Link opens, passengers will be able to ride over 50 miles of light rail with other new extensions also open north to Lynnwood and south to Kent/Des Moines.
- Final Design
Length: 14 miles
- Mercer Island to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- South Bellevue to Sea-Tac Airport: 50 minutes
- Overlake Transit Center to Bellevue Transit Center: 10 minutes
Rider projection: About 50,000 riders will use East Link every day by 2030.
Budget: $3.7 billion
- East King County
- 110th Avenue NE in downtown Bellevue set to reopenAug 24, 2016: Next week, Sound Transit's contractor will reopen the portion of 110th Avenue NE between NE 4th and NE 6th Street following the closure that began in mid-June.
- Field work happening along 140th Ave NE.Aug 24, 2016: Geotechnical work is underway along the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) right-of-way southeast of SR 520 approximately between 136th Pl NE and NE 40th St.
- Puget Sound Energy to perform overnight weekend work on Bellevue Way and SE 30th StreetAug 10, 2016: In preparation for construction of Sound Transit’s upcoming East Link Extension light rail project, during the weekend of August 13 and 14, Puget Sound Energy, along with their service provider Potelco, will be performing electrical infrastructure work on a portion of Bellevue Way near Southeast 30th Street.