East Link Extension
- Link light rail
Start of service:
East Link will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection between the Eastside's biggest population and employment centers and destinations across King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. When East Link opens, passengers will be able to ride over 50 miles of light rail with other new extensions also open north to Lynnwood and south to Kent/Des Moines.
- Final Design
Length: 14 miles
- Mercer Island to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- South Bellevue to Sea-Tac Airport: 50 minutes
- Overlake Transit Center to Bellevue Transit Center: 10 minutes
Rider projection: About 50,000 riders will use East Link every day by 2030.
Budget: $3.7 billion
- East King County
- Bel-Red/130th Station updateMay 3, 2016: University teams rise to the challenge for future Bel-Red / 130th Station site NAIOP 2016 Real Estate Challenge Winning Propo
- Construction on East Link is underway!Apr 29, 2016: Light rail service to the Eastside took a big step forward recently as Sound Transit's contractor began work on the downtown Bellevue tunnel, marking the start of East Link construction!
- Structure demolition at the south portal of the downtown Bellevue tunnel set to begin the week of April 18Apr 15, 2016: Construction has begun on East Link's downtown Bellevue tunnel. ST's contractor has prepared a number of structures for demolition, and will begin that work as early as April 18.