East Link Extension
- Link light rail
Start of service:
East Link Extension will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection from the Eastside's biggest population and employment centers to downtown Seattle, Sea-Tac Airport and the University of Washington. Ten stations will serve Seattle, Mercer Island, Bellevue, Bel-Red and Overlake in Redmond.
- Final Design
Length: 14 miles
- Mercer Island to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- South Bellevue to Sea-Tac Airport: 50 minutes
- Overlake Transit Center to Bellevue Transit Center: 10 minutes
Rider projection: About 50,000 riders will use East Link every day by 2030.
Budget: $2.8 billion
- East King County
- Permanent station names adoptedJun 30, 2015: On Thursday, June 25, the Sound Transit Board adopted East Link's permanent station names.
- Intersection closure at NE Spring Blvd and 136th Pl NE to start as early as June 1May 21, 2015: Advanced stormwater utility relocation work is underway in Bel-Red.
Community guide to construction (2.51 MB)May 18, 2015: Learn more about how Sound Transit builds light rail and what to expect during construction