East Link Extension
- Link light rail
Start of service:
East Link will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection between the Eastside's biggest population and employment centers and destinations across King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. When East Link opens, passengers will be able to ride over 50 miles of light rail with other new extensions also open north to Lynnwood and south to Kent/Des Moines.
- Final Design
Length: 14 miles
- Mercer Island to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- South Bellevue to Sea-Tac Airport: 50 minutes
- Overlake Transit Center to Bellevue Transit Center: 10 minutes
Rider projection: About 50,000 riders will use East Link every day by 2030.
Budget: $3.7 billion
- East King County
- Utility work on 112th Avenue SE the week of July 25Jul 22, 2016: As early as Monday July 25, Sound Transit construction crews will begin utility work on 112th Avenue SE in support of the East Link Extension. The work will be performed in coordination with Puget Sound Energy.
- Contractor selected for final 1.8 miles of East Link design and construction in Overlake area of RedmondJul 22, 2016: Sound Transit has issued Notice to Proceed to the Design-Build contractor that will complete design and construct the two East Link Extension light rail stations and associated track and infrastructure in the Overlake area in Redmond.
- Puget Sound Energy to continue work on Bellevue Way this weekendJul 7, 2016: In preparation for East Link light rail construction in the South Bellevue area, Puget Sound Energy will be performing pavement restoration work this weekend, July 9-10.