Mercer Island Station
Located in the center of I-90, riders will enter at 77th Avenue SE and 80th Avenue SE. The station is in close proximity to the Mercer Island Park-and-Ride lot and addresses the City of Mercer Island's goals of promoting mixed-use development in its town center.
- Center-platform station located in the center roadway of I-90
- Station entrances at 77th Avenue SE and 80th Avenue SE
- Located adjacent to existing Mercer Island Park & Ride and Mercer Island Town Center
- Bicycle and pedestrian trail connections to the I-90 trail
- Covered bicycle storage
- Public art
Issues for final design
- Final architectural features
- Artist selection
- Construction staging, schedule and methods
- Integration of bus and light rail service
See most recent design materials in the document archive.
Update your subscriber preferences today to receive area-specific updates that include advanced notification for traffic impacts, new construction activities and more. The current construction schedule is below and is subject to change as construction contracts are awarded.
- Downtown Bellevue: early 2016
- Tunnel construction is scheduled to begin in early 2016 while the remainder of downtown Bellevue construction will begin in mid-2017
- South Bellevue: late 2016
- Overlake: early 2017
- Bel-Red: early 2017
- I-90: mid-2017
- PROJECT: Entrance Head House Artworks
- ARTIST: Beliz Brother (Seattle)
- DESCRIPTION: Brother explores how ideas or stories can be told through the elements of architecture: materials, form, color, scale and light. Her art will be suspended in the tall open space above each head house staircase leading to the station platform.
- WEB: An example of her work is found here: http://www.publicartarchive.org/work/illumine-0
No events are scheduled
- Dec 6, 2016: Mercer Island station in the final design phase
- Nov 23, 2016: Project update: East Link Extension
- May 3, 2016: Bel-Red/130th Station update
- Apr 15, 2016: Structure demolition at the south portal of the downtown Bellevue tunnel set to begin the week of April 18