East Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Dec 6, 2016: Mercer Island station in the final design phase
- Nov 23, 2016: Project update: East Link Extension
- Oct 4, 2016: Lane closures on 110th Avenue NE
- Aug 24, 2016: 110th Avenue NE in downtown Bellevue set to reopen
Alerts and updates are available on an area specific basis. Sign up and stay informed.
Interested in meeting with project staff?
- Link light rail
Start of service:
East Link will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection between the Eastside's biggest population and employment centers and destinations across King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. When East Link opens, passengers will be able to ride over 50 miles of light rail with other new extensions also open north to Lynnwood and south to Kent/Des Moines.
- Final Design
Length: 14 miles
- Mercer Island to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- South Bellevue to Sea-Tac Airport: 50 minutes
- Overlake Transit Center to Bellevue Transit Center: 10 minutes
Rider projection: About 50,000 riders will use East Link every day by 2030.
Budget: $3.7 billion
- East King County
- Dec 8, 2016
- Mercer Island station in the final design phaseDec 6, 2016: Sound Transit has reached an important milestone! Plans for the Mercer Island station are in the final design phase and we are eager to share this update with you.
- Dec 6, 2016: In advance of the January 2017 closure of South Bellevue P&R, Sound Transit has opened five new leased park & ride lots,