East Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Link light rail
Start of service:
East Link will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection between the Eastside's biggest population and employment centers and destinations across King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. When East Link opens, passengers will be able to ride over 50 miles of light rail with other new extensions also open north to Lynnwood and south to Kent/Des Moines.
- Final Design
Length: 14 miles
- Mercer Island to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- South Bellevue to Sea-Tac Airport: 50 minutes
- Overlake Transit Center to Bellevue Transit Center: 10 minutes
Rider projection: About 50,000 riders will use East Link every day by 2030.
Budget: $3.7 billion
- East King County
- East Link tunnel construction is underway in downtown BellevueFeb 24, 2017:
Light rail will run under downtown when East Link opens in 2023.
- Utility work on 110th Avenue NE and Main StreetFeb 3, 2017:
Beginning as early as Monday Feb. 6, construction crews will begin work to replace a water main at the intersection of 110th Avenue Northeast and Main Street in downtown Bellevue.
- Sound Transit selects Max J. Kuney Company to build station, guideway for the Bel-Red section of the East Link ExtensionJan 27, 2017: Construction to begin as early as this quarter on an at-grade structure, and one mile of at-grade, retained cut and elevated guideway for light rail extension opening in 2023.