Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Dec 5, 2016: Lane closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st & NE 72nd street
- Nov 30, 2016: Reminder: parking changes at Northgate Transit Center Park-and-Ride
- Oct 31, 2016: Northgate electrical line update
- Oct 31, 2016: Lane Closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd streets
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $1.9 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Lane closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st & NE 72nd streetDec 5, 2016: As early as Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2016, Sound Transit’s contractor will close a lane to start work on decommissioning the dewatering wells located on Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd street (see map).
- Reminder: parking changes at Northgate Transit Center Park-and-RideNov 30, 2016: As early as Dec. 5, 2016, crews will begin building a new driveway for the Northgate Transit Center Park & Ride (West) on NE 103rd Street.
- Lane Closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd streetsOct 31, 2016: As early as Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2016, Sound Transit’s contractor will close a southbound right lane on Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd streets to start work on decommissioning dewatering wells in that area. This work will happen over a period of time and will occur in phases.
- Northgate electrical line updateOct 31, 2016: Sound Transit's contractor continues to make good progress on a new electrical line in the Northgate neighborhood. The line is being relocated in order to construct the Northgate Station.
- Nighttime rolling slowdowns on I-5 at Northeast Northgate WayOct 25, 2016: Intermittent rolling slowdowns in both directions are scheduled on I-5 at Northeast Northgate Way from 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26, to 4 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 27.