Northgate Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Jan 18, 2017: Lane Closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st & NE 72nd street
- Jan 13, 2017: Night work at NE 100th and 103rd Streets
- Dec 22, 2016: Northgate plant salvage coming up
- Nov 30, 2016: Reminder: parking changes at Northgate Transit Center Park-and-Ride
- Link light rail
Start of service:
Open for service: 2021
Northgate Link Extension will connect the Northgate, Roosevelt and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and the airport. Fast, reliable service will provide relief to one of the region's most congested traffic areas.
Length: 4.3 miles
Ride time: 14 minutes from Northgate to downtown
Budget: $1.9 billion
Construction type: tunnel, elevated and surface
Funding partners: Construction funding is combination of federal grants, motor vehicle excise tax (MVET) and local sales tax
- Seattle Area
- Lane Closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st & NE 72nd streetJan 18, 2017: As early as Monday, January 23, 2017, Sound Transit’s contractor will close a lane on Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd streets to start work on removing instrumentation from the dewatering wells located in that area. This work will take approximately 1 week to complete.
- Night work at NE 100th and 103rd StreetsJan 13, 2017: Sound Transit's contractor will install a temporary construction site water conveyance system beneath the 100th and 103rd Street ...
- Jan 12, 2017
- Night work on 1st Avenue NE ahead of Northgate Station constructionDec 29, 2016: Sound Transit's contractor will restripe 1st Ave NE, and set up traffic barriers at night ahead of the of work on the Northgate Station in mid-January.
- Northgate plant salvage coming upDec 22, 2016: Looking for small shrubs or trees for your property? As part of our commitment to sustainability, Sound Transit is hosting a plant salvage event on Saturday, Jan., 7 at the site of the future Northgate Station.