Mudslides cancel Northline Sounder service through Tuesday
Buses tonight, tomorrow for Edmonds, Mukilteo and Everett riders; Wednesday train service may also be affected.
Sounder service to Edmonds, Mukilteo and Everett will not operate tonight, and additional mudslides yesterday and this morning have canceled service for tomorrow.
Edmonds, Mukilteo and Everett Sounder passengers will need to take special or regular bus service at least through Tuesday, March 15. Service plans for Wednesday will be determined and communicated by rider alert tomorrow.
Southline Sounder service is not affected and will operate on normal schedule.
Bus alternatives for Monday and Tuesday afternoon
Special and regularly scheduled bus services for northline Sounder riders will depart from downtown Seattle this afternoon on the following schedule:
- To Edmonds: Community Transit Route 416 will depart Fifth Avenue and James Street at 3:56 p.m., 4:27 p.m., 4:58 p.m., 5:28 p.m., 5:57 p.m. and 6:26 p.m.
- To Mukilteo: Community Transit Route 417 will depart Fourth Avenue South and South Jackson Street at 3:18 p.m., 4:05 p.m., 4:35 p.m., 5:05 p.m., 5:40 p.m., 6:08 p.m., and 6:36 p.m. or Community Transit Route 417 at the same location.
- To Everett: Special charter express buses will depart from Fourth Avenue South and South Jackson Street at 4:05 p.m., 4:33 p.m., 5:05 p.m., and 5:35 p.m., or take Sound Transit's regularly scheduled express Route 510 at the same location.
Bus alternatives for Tuesday morning
- From Everett: Community Transit buses will depart to Seattle at regular Sounder schedule departure times: 5:45 a.m., 6:15 a.m., 6:45 a.m. & 7:15 a.m. Riders can also take ST Express route 510.
- From Mukilteo: Community Transit Route 417 will depart at 5:48 a.m., 6:18 a.m., 6:48 a.m., 7:18 a.m., & 7:48 a.m. Please board at Ferry Terminal. (These times do not correspond with regular Sounder schedule.)
- From Edmonds: Community Transit Route 416 will depart at 5:37 a.m., 6:15 a.m., 6:35 a.m., 6:55 a.m., 7:20 a.m. & 7:47 a.m. (These times do not correspond with regular Sounder schedule.)
Riders can check www.commtrans.org and ST Express bus for detailed schedules. Riders can also sign up to receive automatic e-mail service alerts for Central Link, Sounder Seattle-Everett, Sounder Seattle-Tacoma, Tacoma Link or ST Express. Rider Alerts can help you plan your trip around inclement weather, inform you about special service to events, and alert you to holiday schedule changes.