This document describes the terms you agree to by using this website.
This Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. Sound Transit does not knowingly collect Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use this Website or provide any Information about yourself to Sound Transit, including your name, address, telephone number or email address.
2. Intellectual property
We own this web content and this ownership limits how you can use our information.
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to text, graphics, video, logos, button icons, databases and images) ("Website Content") are the property of Sound Transit or its licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws.
The Sound Transit and Sounder names and related logos are registered trademarks of Sound Transit. Sound Transit's trademarks may not be used without advance written permission of Sound Transit, including in connection with any product or service that is not Sound Transit's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages, discredits, or misrepresents Sound Transit. Other products or company names mentioned on the Website may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sound Transit welcomes requests from the media or other organizations to use Website Content. Sound Transit must approve all uses in advance in writing. Such requests must be directed to:
The Central Puget Sound Regional Transit Authority (Sound Transit)
401 S. Jackson St.
Seattle, WA 98104 USA
Individuals or organizations receiving permission to use images that are Sound Transit’s property must credit Sound Transit for such use (i.e. "Photo courtesy of Sound Transit").
If you believe that any content on the Website violates your intellectual property rights, please notify Sound Transit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Limited license and prohibited uses
There are many legal ways you can view, share, download or otherwise use content on this website.
Sound Transit grants you a personal, royalty-free, non-assignable, and non-exclusive license to use the Website Content in the United States only as an informative resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, framing, display or performance of Website Content, without prior permission of Sound Transit, is strictly prohibited.
You may not download, print, copy, distribute, or otherwise use Website Content for commercial purposes, including publication, sale, or personal gain. You may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices, including, without limitation, attribution information, credits, and copyright notices that have been placed on or near the Website Content.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm anyone in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Sound Transit, a Sound Transit employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by Sound Transit, may harm Sound Transit or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- In any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without Sound Transit’s prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
4. Disclaimer and limitation of liability
This section limits Sound Transit's liability and tells you that we do not warranty any part of this site.
WHILE SOUND TRANSIT ATTEMPTS TO PRESENT ACCURATE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE, THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. SOUND TRANSIT MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OR CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE TO WHICH IT IS LINKED. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SOUND TRANSIT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOUND TRANSIT, ITS DIRECTORS, AND ITS EMPLOYEES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY SITE FOR WHICH IT PROVIDES LINKS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. FROM TIME TO TIME, SOUND TRANSIT MAY RESTRICT ACCESS TO SOME PARTS OF THE WEBSITE, OR THE ENTIRE WEBSITE, TO USERS. SOUND TRANSIT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY REASON IF ALL OR ANY PART OF THE WEBSITE IS UNAVAILABLE AT ANY TIME OR FOR ANY PERIOD.
5. Third party content
Anything that others add to this site is their responsibility.
This Website may include content provided by third parties. All statements and opinions expressed by third parties are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Sound Transit. Sound Transit is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
6. Information about you and your visits to the website
7. Links to other websites
Sound Transit may provide links to third party websites, but Sound Transit is not responsible for those sites.
By visiting this website you and Sound Transit both agree to resolve disputes as described below.
9. Limitation on time to file claims
You must file any legal claim within six months.
10. Waiver and severability
Changing any part of these terms does not invalidate the remaining terms. Each section applies separately.
11. Entire agreement
12. Applicable law
Washington State laws apply.
If you supply contact information, we may contact you.
If you provide contact Information to Sound Transit, Sound Transit may use it to contact you. If you no longer wish to receive communications from Sound Transit, please contact us at email@example.com.
14. Comments and concerns
Please direct any comments to our marketing division by email or mail.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Sound Transit Marketing Division
401 S. Jackson St.
Seattle, WA 98104 USA
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 12, 2019