New Sound Transit smartphone website makes trip planning easier than ever
On-the-go access to the information riders need to take advantage of bus and train service throughout the region just got easier with the launch of a new Sound Transit website for smartphones.
When users of devices that feature HTML5- compliant smartphone technology visit the agency's website - www.soundtransit.org - they are now automatically directed to the new site offering more convenient access to service information. Riders can:
• Plan Trips across the region on Sound Transit and partner agency buses and trains
• Locate nearby stops and stations and plan trips from there
• Look up our bus and Sounder schedules
• Look up Central Link and Tacoma Link train frequency charts
• Locate Sound Transit parking facilities
• Use GPS technology to enter start and end points in the trip planner.
Sound Transit will continue to work on further enhancements to its websites including the addition of real-time service information and interactive maps. Users of web-enabled handhelds that lack smartphone features will also benefit from upcoming improvements. Sound Transit welcomes comments and suggestions about how to make transit information and services easier to access. Riders can send feedback to email@example.com.
The launch of the new smartphone site follows this year's introduction of major improvements to the agency's primary website, including easier trip planning.