Procession for slain officers will impact ST services
Tues. memorial at Tacoma Dome affects bus, Tacoma Link routes.
Sound Transit expects significant delays on Tacoma Link service and several bus routes during the procession and memorial service for slain Lakewood Police Sgt. Mark Renninger, and Officers Ronald Owens, Tina Griswold, and Greg Richards.
On Tuesday, between approximately 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., the memorial procession will travel along South Tacoma Way between the City of Lakewood and the Tacoma Dome and will significantly impact all traffic and travel.
- ST Express Route 574: Significant delays are expected in the Tacoma Dome Station area between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., and again when the ceremony ends at approximately 4 p.m. Route 574 will not serve SR 512 Park & Ride between 9 a.m. and approximately 1 p.m. Route 574 service will be available from Lakewood Station and Lakewood Transit Center, but expect significant delays.
- ST Express Route 594: Significant delays are expected in the Tacoma Dome Station area between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., and again when the ceremony ends at approximately 4 p.m. Route 594 will not serve SR 512 Park & Ride between 9 a.m. and approximately 1 p.m. Route 594 service will be available from Lakewood Station, but expect significant delays.
- Tacoma Dome Station: Significant traffic delays and limited access are expected in the Tacoma Dome Station area between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., and again when the ceremony ends at approximately 4 p.m. Bus riders should expect significant service delays. Bus, Sounder, and Tacoma Link riders should plan for limited access, heavy traffic and possible delays entering and exiting the parking garage.
- Lakewood Station: The SR 512 Park & Ride will be closed from 9 a.m. until approximately 1 p.m., with Sound Transit, Pierce Transit and Intercity Transit buses either limited to or rerouted to Lakewood Station, located at 11424 Pacific Hwy. S.W.
- Tacoma Link: Riders should expect large crowds and significant delays throughout the day from heavy traffic in the Tacoma Dome area.
Those interested in attending the service at the Tacoma Dome or viewing the procession in downtown Tacoma are encouraged to utilize off-site parking lots at Cheney Stadium and the Tacoma Mall where Pierce Transit will operate special limited bus service. Bus service will begin at 10:30 a.m. The last bus will leave from each location at 12 noon. Buses will make return trips immediately following the conclusion of the memorial service.
Riders can sign up to receive automatic e-mail service alerts for Sounder Seattle-Everett, Sounder Seattle-Tacoma, Central Link, Tacoma Link or ST Express. Rider Alerts can help you plan your trip around construction, inform you about special service to events, and alert you to schedule changes for holidays. Visit www.soundtransit.org to sign up for e-mail alerts.
CONTACT: Linda Robson-(206) 398-5149 or mailto:email@example.com
-- Sound Transit plans, builds and operates regional transit systems and services to improve mobility for Central Puget Sound. --