Sound Transit train, bus schedules for Thanksgiving and Black Friday
Special Sounder trains to run day after Thanksgiving
Riders should be aware of service reductions for Thanksgiving holiday, as well as special Sounder trains that will serve commuters and shoppers the day after Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Day service
- Sounder commuter rail will not operate.
- ST Express bus routes 510, 511, 513, 532, 535, 540, 542, 555, 556, 566, 567, 580, 586, 595, and 596 will not operate.
- ST Express routes 512, 522, 550, 577 and 578 will operate on Sunday schedules.
- ST Express routes 545, 554, 560, 574, 590, 592 and 594 will operate on weekend service.
- Link light rail will run on a Saturday schedule.
- Tacoma Link will run on a Sunday schedule.
Day after Thanksgiving service
Commuters and holiday revelers can combine special Sounder trains with ST Express bus service and Link light rail to save gas and parking costs on one of the biggest shopping days of the year.
- Sounder service will operate on a special, modified schedule the day after Thanksgiving to accommodate riders wanting to participate in holiday activities.
A first special Sounder train leaves from Lakewood at 6:06 a.m. and reaches Seattle at 7:19 a.m. A second northbound train leaves Lakewood Station at 9:17 a.m. and arrives in Seattle at 10:30 a.m. A third, late afternoon train leaves Lakewood at 4:12 p.m. and reaches Seattle at 5:23 p.m. Trains from Seattle depart King Street Station for Lakewood at 7:40 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 5:42 p.m.
A morning train from Everett will leave at 6:45 a.m. and arrive in Seattle at 7:44 a.m. The return train departs King Street Station at 5:05 p.m.
- ST Express buses and Tacoma Link will operate on regular weekday service.
- Link light rail will operate on a Saturday schedule.
- Tacoma Link will operate on a weekday schedule.
More holiday schedule information can be found at soundtransit.org/holiday.
Riders can sign up to receive automatic e-mail service alerts for Link light rail, Tacoma Link, ST Express, Sounder Seattle-Everett, and Sounder Seattle-Tacoma. Rider Alerts can inform you about special service to events, alert you to holiday schedule changes, and help you plan your trip around inclement weather. Just go to soundtransit.org/Subscribe-to-alerts.