Sound Transit's schedule of public events for Dec. 21 - Jan. 3
Saturday, December 21 and Sunday, December 22
10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tacoma Link train exhibition at Freighthouse Square
Tacoma Dome Station
610 Puyallup Ave., Tacoma
A Tacoma Link light rail train will be on display for tours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Tacoma's Freighthouse Square. Community members can also enjoy the Santa Train and visit Freighthouse Square's unique shops and eateries. Sound Transit's Tacoma Link system will go into service in September, 2003 with trains running every 10 minutes between Tacoma Dome Station - providing access to ST Express regional bus service, Sounder commuter rail and Pierce Transit buses - and the Theater District in Downtown Tacoma.
Holiday Service Schedule-Monday, December 23 through Friday, January 3
ST Express regional bus service
- Buses will operate on Sunday schedules Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- Normal schedules all other days.
Sounder commuter rail
- No service on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- Service on special holiday schedule on remaining weekdays Dec. 23 through Jan. 3, with a mid-morning northbound train and an early afternoon southbound train:
Northbound departures from Tacoma at 6:15 a.m., 6:45 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. serving all stations.
Southbound departures from Seattle at 1:55 p.m., 4:55 p.m. and 5:35 p.m. serving all stations.
Sound Transit business offices
- Closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
Rider and schedule information
- Call 1-888-889-6368/1-888-713-6030 TTY or visit www.soundtransit.org.
Note on meeting changes: The Sound Transit Board and Executive Committee will not meet on Thursday, Dec. 26; they will next meet on Jan. 9. The Sound Transit Finance Committee will not meet on Thursday, Jan. 2; its next meeting will be on Jan. 16.
# # #
Sound Transit plans, builds and operates regional transit systems and services to improve mobility for Central Puget Sound.