The station is located in the center of I-90. Riders can enter from either Rainier Avenue South or 23rd Avenue South. The nearby I-90 trail as well as local bus transfers make it easy to connect to light rail for transit riders, people walking and people cycling.
Travel time: Judkins Park Station to Westlake - 10 minutes.
- PROJECT: Platform Windscreens
- ARTIST: Barbara Earl Thomas (Seattle)
- DESCRIPTION: A simple story told in pictures will spread across the station’s platform windscreens. The artwork is loosely based on the theme of passing the torch, the artist’s understanding of how the Judkins Park neighborhood has changed over time. STart will work with Earl Thomas to develop a component of the artwork that is accessible to the disabled community.
- WEB: http://barbaraearlthomas.com/
- PROJECT: Station Entrances and Ancillary Building Walls
- ARTIST: Hank Willis Thomas (New York, NY)
- DESCRIPTION: Through a series of photo-montages, Willis Thomas is exploring themes of identity, history and popular culture in the Judkins Park neighborhood, and is interested in the station’s proximity to Jimi Hendrix Park. STart is working with Willis Thomas to develop a braille component of the artwork that is accessible to the disabled community.
- WEB: http://www.hankwillisthomas.com