East Main Station
Located south of the intersection of 112th Avenue SE and Main Street, this street-level station provides increased transit access to surrounding residences, neighborhoods and businesses in southeast downtown Bellevue.
- At-grade side-platform station that will serve South Bellevue residents and employees of South Downtown businesses
- Bus transfers adjacent to both northern and southern entrances on 112th Avenue SE
- Passenger drop-off/pick-up areas on both the west and east side of 112th Avenue SE
- Covered bicycle storage
- Public art
Issues for final design
- Final architectural features
- Artist selection
- Construction staging, schedule and methods
See most recent design materials in the document archive.
Update your subscriber preferences today to receive area-specific updates that include advanced notification for traffic impacts, new construction activities and more. The current construction schedule is below and is subject to change as construction contracts are awarded.
- Downtown Bellevue: early 2016
- Tunnel construction is scheduled to begin in early 2016 while the remainder of downtown Bellevue construction will begin in mid-2017
- South Bellevue: late 2016
- Overlake: early 2017
- Bel-Red: early 2017
- I-90: mid-2017
- PROJECT: Corridor Fences and Support Facility Gates
- ARTIST: Celeste Cooning (Seattle)
- DESCRIPTION: Emerging artist Cooning is developing metal artworks based on her small cut paper pieces for sections of the fence separating the light rail line along 112th Street NE from the adjacent mixed-use path and nearby street. In past work, Cooning has built on traditions of ornament and textile design to create whole environments.
- WEB: http://www.celestecooning.com/
No events are scheduled
- Apr 18, 2017: South Bellevue Park-and-Ride scheduled to close May 30, 2017
- Apr 13, 2017: Attention Overlake Transit Center users: All park-and-ride spaces are closing May 1 for East Link construction
- Mar 27, 2017: Getting across Lake Washington
- Mar 15, 2017: Utility work on 110th Ave NE and NE 2nd St
- Mar 2, 2017: South Bellevue Park-and-Ride service changes
- Dec 6, 2016: Mercer Island station in the final design phase