Thanks to everyone following public health guidance and staying home, Washington appears to be on its way to flattening the curve.
Let's keep it up! Find the latest on Sound Transit’s COVID-19 response here.
We love the creative ways that people and organizations are finding to thank their transit drivers, support health care and other essential workers and entertain each other during these uncertain times.
Our Instagram followers know that we usually visit a different construction site every week and share the photos on Field Trip Friday (check the ‘highlights’ on our account for recent trips).
This week, we're sharing some virtual destinations that you can ‘visit’ with your family from your living room!
Check out these webcams from some of our favorite places around the region:
- Enjoy the beauty of University of Washington’s cherry blossoms
- Watch harbor seals and otters at the Seattle Aquarium
- Check out bats, tigers and bears (oh my!) at Woodland Park Zoo
- See panoramic views from the Space Needle
- Keep an eye out for orcas at the Seattle Waterfront
- Tour a museum (Seattle Art Museum, National Nordic Museum, Pacific Science Center and Museum of Flight)
- Explore Mount Rainier
- Visit the virtual Skagit Valley Tulip Festival
Sound Transit’s buses and trains are still running to help many front line grocery, airport, healthcare, cleaning and service workers get where they need to go.
We’ll get through this, together.