Sound Transit Citizen Oversight Panel
Sound Transit - the Central Puget Sound Regional Transit Authority is inviting letters of application from individuals interested in serving on the volunteer Citizen Oversight Panel. This invitation is for four positions: two positions are open due to panelists' terms which will expire on March 31, 2004; two positions are open due to members who resigned their positions in December 2003 for personal reasons. The panel currently meets twice a month.
The Citizen Oversight Panel was created in early 1997 to monitor Sound Transit in meeting its public commitments to build and operate a regional bus and rail rapid transit system. Voters approved local funding for the system in November 1996.
Submit a one-page letter, to John W. Ladenburg, Chair, Sound Transit, 401 South Jackson Street, Seattle, WA 98104-2826. The letter should be received by February 13, 2003, and should include:
- Brief statement of interest in serving on the panel.
- Specific qualifications for serving on the panel.
- Highlights of related experience and expertise.
- A Resume.
- Be a registered voter.
- Reside within the RTA district boundary.
- Have experience/skills in one or more areas of expertise related to the panel's responsibilities-business management, engineering, large projects construction management, public facilities and service, government processes, and public policy development or review.
Copies of all letters received will be provided to the Sound Transit Board of Directors for their review. The Board's Executive Committee will review the nominations and recommend candidates. The recommendations will then go to the Board of Directors to confirm the appointments.
# # #
Sound Transit plans, builds and operates regional transit systems and services to improve mobility for Central Puget Sound.