Sound Transit to host open houses about Bus Rapid Transit on NE 145th Street and SR 522
Sound Transit will hold two open houses this week about SR 522/NE 145th BRT, scheduled to begin operating in 2024.
- Wednesday, May 30 from 6-8 p.m. at the Northshore Senior Center, 10201 E. Riverside Dr., Bothell
- Thursday, May 31 from 6-8 p.m. at Brookside Elementary School, 17447 37th Ave. NE, Lake Forest Park
The SR 522/NE 145th BRT project will provide fast, frequent and reliable transit service connecting Woodinville, Bothell, Kenmore, Lake Forest Park and Seattle to the future Shoreline South/145th light rail station. By providing a better option to sitting in traffic, BRT will help speed up trips.
Community members are invited to:
- Learn about the project background, timeline and how to stay informed.
- Provide input on station and parking locations and design elements.
- Help Sound Transit determine what project refinements to consider for further evaluation.
Those who aren’t able to attend an open house can provide comments through an online survey at sr522brt.participate.online. The survey will be open through June 13.
During 2018, Sound Transit will consider and evaluate refinements to the representative project approved by voters in 2016. The Sound Transit Board will then advance a refined project into the conceptual design and environmental review phase in early 2019. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023, with service starting in 2024.