Tacoma Link will not operate this weekend due to track maintenance
Sound Transit will run free bus service between the Tacoma Dome and Theatre District during weekend closure
Light rail service in Tacoma will not operate Saturday, Feb. 1 through Sunday, Feb. 2 while work crews perform track maintenance south of Union Station. Tacoma Link will resume regular service on Monday, Feb. 3.
During the two-day closure, Sound Transit will operate free bus service along a route similar to that used by Tacoma Link, on a schedule that mirrors Tacoma Link service.
The buses will be labeled "Tacoma Link" and will operate northbound to downtown Tacoma and southbound to the Tacoma Dome from these locations:
Northbound Service to downtown Tacoma:
- Tacoma Dome Station at East 25th and East D streets
- Temporary stop South 25th and A streets (across the street from the station platform)
- Temporary stop at Union Station at Pacific Avenue and South 19th Street (across the street from the station platform)
- Temporary stop at Convention Center at Pacific Avenue and South 14th Street (one block northeast of the station platform)
- Commerce Station at Commerce and South 11th streets
- Theater District Station at Commerce and South 9th streets
Southbound Service to Tacoma Dome:
Riders traveling southbound to the Tacoma Dome will board buses at the same locations as northbound stops, except at South 25th Street, where riders will use the South 25th Station.
Riders can visit www.soundtransit.org to find holiday service information, an easy-to-use trip planner, updates and schedules for all Sound Transit rail and bus services. Riders can sign up to receive automatic e-mail service alerts for Sounder, Central Link, Tacoma Link or ST Express. Rider Alerts can help you plan your trip around service disruptions caused by weather conditions or other issues, inform you about special service to events, and alert you to holiday schedule changes.
More information on Sound Transit train and bus schedules can be found at soundtransit.org/schedules.