112th Ave SE pavement restoration
In preparation for the next phase of work on 112th Ave SE, crews will remove and replace a section of asphalt on southbound 112th Ave SE.
- Wednesday, August 14th, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Southbound lanes of 112th Ave SE between SE 15th St and Bellevue Way SE
- One lane in each direction will be maintained while crews perform this work. While crews grind a short section of asphalt, in order to maintain safe work conditions, vehicles may be stopped for up to five minutes.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
112th Ave SE traffic shift
In order to construct sidewalks and restore pavement on the east side of 112th Ave SE, crews plan to close the northbound lanes of 112th Avenue Southeast, between Bellevue Way Southeast and Southeast 15th. Traffic will be diverted to the two southbound lanes (one lane in each direction will remain open). Sidewalk access will be maintained on the west side of 112th Avenue Southeast, between Southeast 8th and Bellevue Way Southeast.
Beginning Monday, Aug. 19th, for approximately three months
112th Ave SE between Bellevue Way SE and SE 15th St.
- One lane in each direction will be maintained at all times
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change
East Link construction progress photos
Just a few years after crews began building the 14-mile East Link light rail extension, work on the project is more than half-complete. Check out and join the East Link Light Rail Facebook Group for additional project updates and construction progress photos.
Reminder of ongoing closures
- Bellevue Way SE reversible lane configuration
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way SE and 112th Ave SE
- Bellevue Way SE to I-90 west HOV ramp long term closure (closed through May 1, 2020)
- 112th Ave SE daytime lane reductions
- 112th Ave SE bypass road
- Closure of SE 15th at 112th Ave SE
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lot
Get more information on previously announced long-term and ongoing closures here.
Night work over I-90
Work continues on the cast-in-place long span rail bridge over I-90. Ramp and lane closures will be necessary to safely complete installation of girders and temporary light plants will be used to illuminate the work area.
Monday-Thursday night (Friday morning) 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Work to construct the long-span bridges over I-90 is expected to continue into mid-2019. Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
Get more information on long-span construction here.