ADA ramp restoration at intersection of 5th Ave NE/Banner Way NE
As early as Monday, Nov. 13, 2017, Sound Transit's contractor will be performing various lane closures in and around the 5th Avenue Northeast and Banner Way Northeast intersection to complete the ADA ramps and decommission adjacent instruments.
What to expect:
- Traffic impact: Sidewalks and cross walks will be detoured (see map).
- Construction activities: Sawcutting, concrete breaking and placement will be performed. During this week crews will also be intermittently returning to cross passage (CP) surface locations to pour concrete panels*.
- Equipment: Construction trucks and support equipment will be stationed on the streets during this work. During this work you may hear the compressor, concrete breaking and sawing.
- Access: Traffic cones, no parking signage, roadway signage, and flaggers may be used during this work. Follow detour signage that will be placed along the route (see map).
- Work hours: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
*Cross Passage 40, 39 and 36