Bellevue Way SE sidewalk and driveway construction
Work to construct sidewalks along Bellevue Way Southeast north of 113th Avenue Southeast continues. The sidewalks will allow Enatai residents to safely access the South Bellevue Station from 113th Avenue Southeast.
- Site prep and installation of curb, gutter, sidewalk and driveway connections along Bellevue Way Southeast, between 112th Avenue Southeast and 113th Avenue Southeast. This work will affect traffic turning from Bellevue Way Southeast onto 113th Avenue Southeast.
- Weekday work is wrapping up and crews are planning to pave asphalt driveways and southbound lanes of Bellevue Way Southeast over the weekend of May 18-19.
- West side of Bellevue Way Southeast, between 112th Avenue Southeast and 113th Avenue Southeast
- Work hours: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Two way traffic will be maintained on Bellevue Way Southeast and all ramps to/from I-90 will remain open
- Please use alternate routes and avoid driving in the area if possible
- Please follow the direction of flaggers and signage in order to safely reach your destination.
- Equipment: Excavators, paving equipment and graders
- Crews will minimize noise, dust and debris to the extent possible.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change
Outreach Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-903-7177
After-hours construction hotline: 888-298-2395
I-405 to westbound I-90 overnight ramp closures and lane reductions on westbound I-90
Work continues on the cast-in-place long span rail bridge over I-90. Crews plan to close all ramps from I-405 to westbound I-90 to reinstall the 'traveler crane' over I-90.
- Monday, May 20 (Tuesday morning) – Thursday (Friday morning), May 23, nightly closures, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: This work is expected to last three nights. Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
- I-405 north to westbound I-90 general purpose ramps: 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-405 south to westbound I-90 ramp: 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-405 south to westbound I-90 HOV ramp: 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-405 to I-90 detour: from I-405, drivers should follow detour signs to I-90 east. Exit at 150th Avenue Southeast toward Eastgate Way then proceed to the westbound I-90 exit toward Seattle.
- Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
East Link construction progress photos
Just a few years after crews began building the 14-mile East Link light rail extension, work on the project is more than half-complete. Check out and join the East Link Light Rail Facebook Group for additional project updates and construction progress photos.
Reminder of ongoing closures
- Sidewalk and driveway construction on Bellevue Way Southeast
- Bellevue Way Southeast reversible lane configuration
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Avenue Southeast
- Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp long term closure
- 112th Avenue Southeast daytime lane reductions
- 112th Avenue Southeast bypass road
- Closure of Southeast 15th at 112th Avenue Southeast
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lot
Get more information on previously announced long-term and ongoing closures here.
Night work over I-90
Work continues on the cast-in-place long span rail bridge over I-90. Ramp and lane closures will be necessary to safely complete installation of girders and temporary light plants will be used to illuminate the work area.
Monday-Thursday night (Friday morning) 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Work to construct the long-span bridges over I-90 is expected to continue into mid-2019. Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
Get more information on long-span construction here.