CANCELED: Nighttime closure of Westbound Interstate 90
Sound Transit is about to complete the long span bridge over I-90 and crews plan to dismantle the 'traveler crane' and remove it from the site. In order to safely disassemble and move the crane, crews are planning an overnight full closure of westbound I-90 between I-405 and Bellevue Way Southeast.
Full closure: Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 11p.m. to Thursday, Sept. 26 at 5 a.m. Work requiring a full closure is expected to last one or two (contingency) nights.
Ramps will begin to close at 8 p.m. and the full closure of I-90 will last from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. All lanes and ramps are expected to reopen by 5 a.m. Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
- Ramp closures: I-405 south to I-90 west HOV ramp, I-405 south to I-90 west general purpose ramp, I-405 north to I-90 west ramp; Richards Road and Southeast 32nd to westbound I-90; 142nd Place Southeast to westbound I-90 HOV Ramp.
- Lane closures: All lanes of westbound I-90 between I-405 and Bellevue Way Southeast. Ramps from Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 will remain open.
- Westbound I-90 detour: Drivers should follow detour signs onto I-405 north. Cars will exit onto Southeast 8th Street and follow detour signs toward Bellevue Way Southeast. Trucks over 10,000 GVW are to use the I-405 to I-5 detour.
- Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Please follow the direction of flaggers and signage in order to safely reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
- If work is not completed, a contingency closure will go into effect on Thursday, Sept. 26 at 11 p.m. to Friday, Sept. 27 at 5 a.m. with the same detours in place.