Construction activity for March 21 - April 4
What to expect during the next two weeks* (March 21 - April 4):
The locations for the work listed below are shown on the project map.
1. Continue building the wooden wall around the construction site.
2. Continue installing concrete foundations to support the future station.
3. Continue building the pedestrian pathway between NE 43rd Street and Brooklyn Avenue NE.
4. Continue to prepare the site for a temporary construction office.
5. Continue utility work on NE 43rd Street from west of Brooklyn Avenue NE to just east of the alley.
6. Begin utility work on Brooklyn Avenue NE from just south of NE 43rd Street to NE 45th Street.**
7. Continue utility work along NE 42nd Street between Brooklyn Avenue NE and University Way NE.**
** Water service
A few customers may experience short-term water shut-offs while contractors connect the new water lines. Service connections should be completed within one working day. Properties affected by the water shut-off will be notified by Seattle Public Utilities 5 days in advance. For questions about water service, please
contact Seattle Public Utilities at (206) 684-5800.
On the horizon (After April 4)*:
- Continue utility work on NE 43rd Street from west of Brooklyn Avenue NE to just east of the alley.
- Continue utility work on Brooklyn Avenue NE from just south of NE 43rd Street to NE 45th Street.
- Begin installing a soil retention wall around the site to support future excavation activities.
- Close the intersection at NE 43rd Street and Brooklyn Avenue NE to vehicular traffic to construct a temporary roadway bridge. Pedestrian access will be maintained during this work. The intersection will close this spring and is expected to reopen to vehicular traffic in fall 2014.
Public Drop-In Session - Friday, April 4
Curious about construction? Attend our drop-in session to:
- Learn more about upcoming construction activities
- Speak with Sound Transit staff
Friday, April 4
2 to 5 pm*
1312 NE 43rd Street
*Stop by anytime between these hours. There will be no formal presentation.
Schedule: Work hours are typically Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Intermittent weekend work may be scheduled between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Construction schedules are subject to change. Notifications will be distributed for significant changes.*
U District Station
The U District Station is under construction on Brooklyn Avenue NE between NE 45th and NE 43rd streets. The station is part of the future 4.3-mile Northgate Link Extension connecting Northgate, Roosevelt, and U District neighborhoods to downtown Seattle and Sea-Tac Airport.
For More Information
Phone: Contact Paige Cureton, (206) 398-5300
Construction Hotline: For issues that need immediate attention after normal business hours, call Sound Transit's 24-hour construction hotline: 1 (888) 298-2395.