Construction at the U District light rail station is underway
Construction at the U District light rail station is underway, and Sound Transit’s contractor is finishing up on the grading of the residential home site and has moved on to the demolition of the former Chase Bank building as of today, May 20, 2013 (see map). Below lists what you can expect in the next two weeks at the U District construction site:
Two week look ahead (as of 5/20/13)*:
- Demolition of the former Chase Bank building (start 5/20/13)
- Continue to grade the residential home and former Chase Bank garage sites
- Continue to disconnect utilities in preparation for building demolition
- Construction vehicle traffic/use (concrete trucks, vacuum trucks, excavator, jackhammers)
- Use of generators
- Sorting of materials
- Temporary sidewalk closures and street parking restrictions adjacent to the construction work. Follow detour signage and use designated crosswalks to access sidewalk across the street.
On the horizon (6/3/13 and on)*:
- Preparation for UW Building A demolition
The work hours are generally Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.*
*Construction schedules are subject to change. Notifications will be sent out for significant changes.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about the U District Station, please contact Wilbert Santos at (206) 398-5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at www.soundtransit.org/udistrictstation.
Report construction issues (after business hours) at our 24-Hour Construction Hotline at 1 (888) 298-2395
STAY SAFE AND SOUND AROUND LIGHT RAIL CONSTRUCTION:
- Obey pedestrian traffic signals
- Cross the street only at designated crosswalk