Construction at the U District light rail station is underway
Construction at the U District light rail station is underway, and Sound Transit’s contractor is starting with demolition preparation for the buildings within the construction area (see map). Below lists what you can expect during construction:
Two week look ahead (as of 4/23/13):
- Prepare the former Chase Bank and the residential building for
- Construction vehicle traffic/use (concrete trucks, vacuum trucks,
- Concrete cutting at the former Chase Bank parking area garage
- Demolish part of the garage roof and insert CDF material (backfill)
- Use of generators
- Disconnect utilities in preparation for building demolition
On the horizon (5/13/13 and on):
- Demolition of the residential building and grading of the site
The work hours are generally Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.*
*Construction schedules are subject to change. Notifications will be sent out for significant changes.
WHAT IS THE U DISTRICT STATION?
U District Station will be located in the University District on Brooklyn Avenue NE between NE 43rd Street and NE 45th Street. This underground station will serve the surrounding residential community, the “Ave” business district, other employment sites, the UW Tower and the north University of Washington campus.
The U District Station is part of the Northgate Link Extension project which is a 4.3 mile light rail extension of the current system that will provide a fast reliable option for getting through one of the region’s most congested traffic areas. The Northgate Link Extension project includes stations at Northgate, the Roosevelt neighborhood and the University District.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about the U District Station, please contact Wilbert Santos at (206) 398-5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report construction issues (after business hours) at our 24-Hour Construction Hotline at 1 (888) 298-2395.