Cross passage restoration – lane closure: Roosevelt Way NE between NE 71st and NE 72nd street
As early as Friday, July 14, Sound Transit's contractor will start the restoration of the street area that was impacted by cross passage construction on Roosevelt Way Northeast between Northeast 72nd and Northeast 71st street (see map). Cross passage excavation at each underground location has been completed and the contractor is now working along the alignment restoring the above ground work areas used to help build the cross passage underground.
What to expect:
- Traffic impacts: Southbound right lane closure on Roosevelt Way Northeast between Northeast 71st and Northeast 72nd street. Pedestrian, bicyclist, and motorist traffic will be maintained. Traffic cones, no parking signage, roadway signage, and flaggers may be used when travel lanes and parking areas are affected during this work. Driveways will remain open.
- Construction activities: Sawcutting and removal of concrete and asphalt. Pouring new concrete. Once poured concrete will take 72 hours to cure. Crews will return at a later date to place new asphalt.
- Equipment: Concrete, construction trucks and support equipment.
- Work hours: 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Duration: July 14 – July 25