The demolition of the structures and foundations at the U District Station site is finished.
The demolition of the structures and foundations at the U District Station site is finished. The contractor is currently preparing the site for paving which is scheduled to start for Wednesday July 24, 2013.
Below lists what you can expect in the next two weeks at the U District construction site (see map for location):
Two week look ahead (as of 7/16/13)*:
- Remove debris and flashing off the Neptune Theatre south facing wall· Sorting and hauling away of materials
- Grade the construction site and prepare for asphalt paving
- Asphalt paving scheduled Wednesday July 24, 2013 - Thursday July 25, 2013
- Alley traffic impacts located between NE 43rd and NE 45th streets
- Construction vehicle traffic/use (concrete trucks, excavator, jackhammers, concrete cutting)
- Use of generators
- Temporary sidewalk closures and street parking restrictions adjacent to the construction work. Follow detour signage and use designated crosswalks
The work hours are generally Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.*
*Construction schedules are subject to change. Notifications will be sent out for significant changes.
Report construction issues (after business hours) to the 24-Hour construction hotline at 1 (888) 298-2395.
Stay safe and sound around light rail construction
- Obey pedestrian traffic signals
- Cross the street only at designated crosswalks