The demolition of the structures at the U District Station site is almost finished
The demolition of the structures at the U District Station site is almost finished - only a portion of the former UW Building A wall is left in place. The contractor has inserted the CDF material into the former UW Building A basement and is hardening, or "curing."
What you can expect in the next two weeks at the U District construction site? See map for location.
Two week look ahead (as of 7/3/13)*:
- Continue demolition of the former UW Building A's structure
- Start demolition of the former UW Building A's foundation
- Alley traffic impacts located between NE 43rd and NE 45th streets
- Sorting and hauling away of materials
- Grade the construction site and prepare for asphalt paving
- Construction vehicle traffic/use (concrete trucks, vacuum trucks, excavator, jackhammers, concrete cutting)
- Use of generators
- Temporary sidewalk closures and street parking restrictions adjacent to the construction work. Follow detour signage and use designated crosswalks
On the horizon (7/16/13 and on)*
- Pave the former UW Building A and Chase Bank sites with asphalt
The work hours are generally Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.*
*Construction schedules are subject to change. Notifications will be sent out for significant changes.
Report construction issues (after business hours) to the 24-Hour construction hotline at 1 (888) 298-2395.
Stay safe and sound around light rail construction
- Obey pedestrian traffic signals
- Cross the street only at designated crosswalks