Extended weekend work hours and closure of 1st Ave NE April 6 – 9 and 13 – 16
Starting as early as Friday, April 6, Sound Transit's contractor will be conducting work to install a stormwater drainage system along 1st Avenue Northeast between Northeast 107th and Northeast 103rd Street (see map).
Access to homes, businesses, Northgate Mall, Northgate Transit Center and the Hampton Inn and Suites will be maintained.
What to expect:
8 p.m. Friday, April 6 – 4:30 a.m. Monday, April 9 and 8 p.m. Friday, April 13 – 4:30 a.m. Monday, April 16
- Work hours: 24 hours a day
- Traffic impacts (see map):
- 1st Avenue Northeast will be closed to through traffic between Northeast 107th and Northeast 103rd streets.
- Intersection at Northeast 107th Street and 1st Avenue Northeast will remain open. Traffic exiting the I-5 will have to go eastbound onto 107th Street toward Northgate Mall or northbound onto 1st Avenue Northeast toward Northeast Northgate Way.
- Intersection at Northeast 103rd Street and 1st Avenue Northeast will remain open. Traffic exiting the I-5 express lanes will have to go eastbound onto 103rd Street toward 5th Avenue Northeast or southbound onto 1st Avenue Northeast toward Northeast 100th Street.
- Construction activities: Installing an FC-5 stormwater system consisting of two 36-inch pipes connected to manholes located at Northeast 103rd Street and 1st Avenue Northeast and manholes located at Northeast 105th Street and 1st Avenue Northeast. Asphalt paving will follow installation.
- Equipment: Excavators, light plants, cut off saws, front end loaders, dump trucks, trench boxes, asphalt rollers and paving machine.