I-405 to westbound I-90 overnight ramp closures and lane reductions on westbound I-90
Work continues on the cast-in-place long span rail bridge over I-90. Crews plan to close all ramps from I-405 to westbound I-90 to advance the 'traveler crane' over I-90.
Thursday, June 27 night closure, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
Thursday, June 27 (Friday morning):
- Right general purpose lane of westbound I-90: 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-405 north to westbound I-90 general purpose ramps: 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-405 south to westbound I-90 ramp: 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-405 south to westbound I-90 HOV ramp: 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-405 to I-90 detour: from I-405, drivers should follow detour signs to I-90 east. Exit at 150th Ave SE toward Eastgate Way then proceed to the westbound I-90 exit toward Seattle.
- Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
East Link construction progress photos
Just a few years after crews began building the 14-mile East Link light rail extension, work on the project is more than half-complete. Check out and join the East Link Light Rail Facebook Group for additional project updates and construction progress photos.
Reminder of ongoing closures
- Bellevue Way SE reversible lane configuration
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way SE and 112th Ave SE
- Bellevue Way SE to I-90 west HOV ramp long term closure (closed through May 1, 2020)
- 112th Ave SE daytime lane reductions
- 112th Ave SE bypass road
- Closure of SE 15th at 112th Ave SE
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lot
Get more information on previously announced long-term and ongoing closures here.
Night work over I-90
Work continues on the cast-in-place long span rail bridge over I-90. Ramp and lane closures will be necessary to safely complete installation of girders and temporary light plants will be used to illuminate the work area.
Monday-Thursday night (Friday morning) 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Work to construct the long-span bridges over I-90 is expected to continue into mid-2019. Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
Get more information on long-span construction here.
Outreach Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-903-7177
After-hours construction hotline: 888-298-2395