I-405 to westbound I-90 overnight ramp closures and lane reductions on westbound I-90
Work continues on the cast-in-place long span rail bridge over I-90. Crews plan to close all ramps from I-405 to westbound I-90 for concrete patching on the long span over I-90.
Monday, Dec. 16th to Thursday, Dec. 19th from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night.
Two separate setups over for four nights will be used. One lane on mainline westbound I-90 will be open for all nights. The timeline of each is listed below:
- I-90 WB HOV lane from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. (Dec 16th and 17th)
- Right general purpose lane of westbound I-90: 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. (Dec 18th -19th)
- Left and middle general purpose lanes of westbound I-90: 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. (Dec 16th-19th)
- I-405 north to westbound I-90 general purpose ramps: 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. (Dec 16th-19th)
- I-405 south to westbound I-90 ramp: 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. (Dec 16th-19th)
- I-405 south to westbound I-90 HOV ramp: 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. (Dec 16th-19th)
- Richards Rd/SE 32nd St. to westbound I-90 ramps: 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. (Dec 18th-19th)
- I-405 to I-90 detour: from I-405, drivers should follow detour signs to I-90 east. Exit at 150th Ave SE toward Eastgate Way then proceed to the westbound I-90 exit toward Seattle.
- Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
Join the East Link Facebook Group
Are you a Facebook user? Would you like to stay informed about the latest construction progress, see cool photos and engage with the project's community outreach team?
If so, you can join our new East Link Facebook Group, where we will answer your questions and keep the pictures flowing.
East Link construction started in 2016. When the project opens in 2023, trains will travel from Northgate to Overlake via UW, downtown Seattle, Mercer Island, Bellevue and Bel-Red. Trips from downtown Bellevue to downtown Seattle will take just 24 minutes. Trips from Judkins Park Station in Seattle's Judkins Park neighborhood to downtown Bellevue will take just 15 minutes, regardless of highway traffic.
Our latest blog update takes us on a photo tour of the East Link extension – 14 miles of new light rail with ten stations. Get a glimpse of the construction team and what they are accomplishing.